Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Savings Account Advice

Options
  • 10-06-2014 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi
    I am looking to set up a savings account in the hope of going on the holiday of a lifetime in 3 years time.
    I would be making 3 large deposits and then small amounst at irregular intervals over the 3 years.
    Obviously I would like my savings to gain as much interest as possible for the duration.
    Any advice on any savings accounts out there??
    Would very much appreciate your help.
    Many thanks
    AnnieAli

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

Have a read of the best buys here.

For the 3 large deposits, consider options such as a PTSB 2 year term deposit that pays 2.25%. State Savings will pay 1.32% tax free for 3 years.

For the small deposits and irregular deposits, consider a PTSB online regular saver account. There is no mandatory min or max per month. There is no term attached. It pays 2.70%. Not the highest rate out there but it is one of the most flexible regular saver products and it might meet your needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

You could always open a KBC smart access demand account. It is very flexible lodge money when ever you want, just set u standing order or transfer money. It's currently paying 2% AER

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

NewCorkLad wrote: »
    You could always open a KBC smart access demand account. It is very flexible lodge money when ever you want, just set u standing order or transfer money. It's currently paying 2% AER

Just so that you know, the interest rate on the KBC Smart Access account is going to drop to 1.75% on 25/07/2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

NewCorkLad wrote: »

The PTSB Online Instant Access account is more flexible and pays 2% AER with no rate change announced.

Advertisement