Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with website

Options
  • 28-02-2013 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hey all,

Im trying to update my website and and stuck trying to do some WordPress integration and Blacknight hosting. I'm sure its simple for a tech wizard but im a bit of a tech novice!

Wondering if anyone who is into entrepreneurship/web development in Galway would be up for helping me out with this over the weekend. Might even be a pint in it for you.

Also I'm keen to do some more web/app development and have some projects in mind if you are the creative type to help build.

Thanks
    Eoin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭changeling

pintoman10 wrote: »
    Hey all,

Im trying to update my website and and stuck trying to do some WordPress integration and Blacknight hosting. I'm sure its simple for a tech wizard but im a bit of a tech novice!

Wondering if anyone who is into entrepreneurship/web development in Galway would be up for helping me out with this over the weekend. Might even be a pint in it for you.

Also I'm keen to do some more web/app development and have some projects in mind if you are the creative type to help build.

Thanks
    Eoin

Hi

There's a group called Online Marketing in Galway who have regular events to get people together who are in this area, here is their website http://www.galwaymarketing.ie/

I find it's a good place to meet up with others who are sometimes like myself working from home and need to get in touch with those in the same line of work, I am completely self taught and as I work from home it gets a bit lonely at times.

Also have you tried Fiverr.com, you will find somebody on that website to do practically anything for you, I find it brilliant when things get a bit techie , all the 'gigs' are a fiver , I bought a brilliant series of videos there on how to install and set up a Wordpress site

All the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Hey all,

Thanks
    Eoin

Translation: I need to employ a web developer for the weekend. But I'm actually not going to pay you, might give you a pint if you get the work done. But sure, I might have some work for you in the future, ya never know. Good lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,732 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

... Might even be a pint in it for you.

Good luck with that: pints don't pay the rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭changeling

J o e wrote: »
    Translation: I need to employ a web developer for the weekend. But I'm actually not going to pay you, might give you a pint if you get the work done. But sure, I might have some work for you in the future, ya never know. Good lad.

lol yeah I laughed a bit myself when I read OP's post, bit of a long shot asking for someone to do all that work with payment in the form of a pint lol and even that isn't definite lol.
    I worked hard learning the hard way, no such thing as a free lunch OP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

OP

There might be someone in the Skill Swaps thread who might be interested in teaching you a few technical things in exchange for whatever you can bring to the table yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Might even be a pint in it for you.

I (honestly) charge about 110 pints a day.

I think we could dispense with all this paper money and coins and become a pint-based economy. Burger? A pint. Chips? A glass. New shirt? 11 pints and a glass. Could be a bit awkward needing to roll your keg around town to dispense payment tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭_Puma_

What other profession would ya ask for someone's services with payment of "Might even be a pint in it for you". Web Developers spend years going to college, doing projects, doing exams and certificates etc.. to be able to get a job in the sector and become a successful Professional.

Would ya ask an accountant to do an audit for ya over the weekend, with payment of a Snackbox from Supermacs?

Besides in this profession there is a wealth of knowledge on the Internet on just how to do what you are trying to achieve. If ya can't figure it out yourself then you need to hire someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

drink-backpack-1.jpg

Just think if you had to pay back your boss for all the time you wasted here in pints.

I'm down at least 6 pints already!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

For wordpress help you can try Social media forum.
    For general help with websites use Development.
    Both forums are visited by geeky Galwegians.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement