Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Judo in galway

Options
  • 22-02-2013 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Could anyone recommend a judo club in Galway? Have bjj experience and would like to supplement this with some judo. Would like to just try it out and see if I like it and if it helps. Can I wear my bjj gi?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Dave Joyce

There's loads of schools around the city and county and all of them have very good instructors so it depends on whereabouts you are so you can pick the one closest.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Damo W

Could anyone recommend a judo club in Galway? Have bjj experience and would like to supplement this with some judo. Would like to just try it out and see if I like it and if it helps. Can I wear my bjj gi?

Check out

http://www.gcsjudo.com/

Just give Chris a buzz if you have any questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Damo W wrote: »
    Check out

http://www.gcsjudo.com/

Just give Chris a buzz if you have any questions.

This would be my choice too, but either way Galway has some great clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭nobbo

OP, whereabouts are ya based?

There's plenty of choice from GCSJ(linked above), Oranmore, Galway judo club(Claddagh), NUIG judo club...and if I think of anymore I'll post them up.

If you're looking for somewhere in the city I'd highly recommend Galway judo club or if you're a student NUIG have a fantastic college level setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 timmyotoole99

Living in knocknacarra. Not a student. Anywhere in town suits me really, would like somewhere with the best instruction and team/friendly environment, maybe some other bjj heads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Kevin Moran

Living in knocknacarra. Not a student. Anywhere in town suits me really, would like somewhere with the best instruction and team/friendly environment, maybe some other bjj heads

Galway Judo club in Creaven house would be worth a shot. It's just behind the fire station, black railings outside. They train Wednesdays at 8 and a couple of other sessions that I don't know the time of

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭black dragon

Also check out Tim Murphy in Point Blank Submissions - he runs a good gym and is into BJJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

If you want to train some BJJ then check out http://www.pointblankgym.com
    You'd be very welcome to call down.

Advertisement