Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Israel's uncompromising stance on settlements draws global condemnation

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

JustinDee wrote: »
    A lot more than you may presume.

Great. You'll have no problem correcting what you perceive to be the errors in what I wrote then.
    You're attempting to devalue a viewpoint contrary to your own by saying "You weren't there, man" yet spit cottons with a blinkered line about a region you've never lived in yourself?

Who said I never lived there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Great. You'll have no problem correcting what you perceive to be the errors in what I wrote then
    Don't be surprised if people take exception to your grossly generalistic presumption that the big bad Jews get places by cosying up to whatever circles necessary.
    Who said I never lived there?
    By your posts, I would have thought that this was plainly obvious.
    Going over on some organised trip is a little different to the experience of actually living there.

Don't be surprised if people take exception to your grossly generalistic presumption that the big bad Jews get places by cosying up to whatever circles necessary.

Still waiting for you to correct anything I got wrong.

By your posts, I would have thought that this was plainly obvious.
    Going over on some organised trip is a little different to the experience of actually living there.

I lived there in 06, on Allenby Street in Tel Aviv. When I had to visit Jerusalem, I usually stayed in a Palestinian hotel between the East Jerusalem bus station and Damascus Gate.

Still waiting for you to correct anything I got wrong
    I already bloody well told you that you were generalising on an entire demograph. Not all Irish in the States or Australia were involved with the police or fire brigade. Not all Indians and Pakistanis in Ireland are involved with the rag trade.
    See? Your generalism is utter shash.

I lived there in 06, on Allenby Street in Tel Aviv. When I had to visit Jerusalem, I usually stayed in a Palestinian hotel between the East Jerusalem bus station and Damascus Gate.
    You stayed on Allenby? Great. Who hasn't been there? Half of Intel visits Tel ffs.
    Wonderful thing the interweb . . .

I already bloody well told you that you were generalising on an entire demograph. Not all Irish in the States or Australia were involved with the police or fire brigade. Not all Indians and Pakistanis in Ireland are involved with the rag trade.
    See? Your generalism is utter shash.

And some of Belfast's Jewish community ran shops, or went into real estate or the legal profession, as I clearly stated. But a disproportionate number were involved directly in NI's power structure. It's a very small community. It's impossible to generalise about such a small demographic.
    You stayed on Allenby? Great. Who hasn't been there? Half of Intel visits Tel ffs.
    Wonderful thing the interweb . . .

I'd imagine most of the planet hasn't been there, least of all lived there. Have you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

Which is why it is extremely concerning that Israel has nukes. They top the list (closely followed by the utterly unstable Pakistan) as the nuclear power most likely to press the button.
    Without an accommodation with the indigenous Palestinians, Israel would be quite screwed in the event of America's foreign policy looking inward, or its military hegemony collapsing, or its policies towards the Middle East changing (ranked in order of likelihood.)
    It wouldn't surprise me if they decided to reduce Tehran to radioactive rubble in that event.

i can understand from an israeli point of view..........but the world is rapidly changing.....and they must think long term.......

It's impossible to generalise about such a small demographic
    No, it most certainly is not.
    I'd imagine most of the planet hasn't been there, least of all lived there. Have you?
    Allenby is one of the busiest areas in the city. Think Grafton St, Frognerveien, Rue de Charles de Gaulle. Same kind of area. Any old anonymous duffer can pick it from a map.
    Yes. Five years.

No, it most certainly is not.

Er, yes it is. We're talking not much more than a handful of families at this point.
    Allenby is one of the busiest areas in the city. Think Grafton St, Frognerveien, Rue de Charles de Gaulle. Same kind of area. Any old anonymous duffer can pick it from a map.
    Yes. Five years.

I have no idea what Froggervein is.
    You have my commiserations on spending five years in Tel Aviv. A more paranoid, unfriendly place I have yet to be, with the exception of a Northern Jerusalem suburb I once got a bus to by mistake and quickly removed myself from.
    Now, you tell me. Where should someone on a short-term work contract stay when living abroad? Where would someone working in such circumstances in Ireland stay? Leitrim, perhaps? Clonee? Or near to where they were working?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I think there is a travel forum on the site if posters want to share traveling advice.

At this stage it is clear posters don't want to discuss the OP, just discuss the same old stuff over and over. Thread closed.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement