Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question regarding Physio at UUJ

Options
  • 23-08-2009 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

hi,

At the minute I'm going into final year QS but was contemplating heading back to do a second degree in physiotherapy. I'm aware of all the HPAT etc but I was just wondering if anyone has done this or knows anything about it. My main enquiry is am I still eligible to get my fee's paid or because I'm a post-grad I'll no longer applicable?

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Larianne sat the HPAT at UU this year from recollection; perhaps if you send her a pm she can give you some more info on it?

Re. the fees - are you talking about to local authority grants system in ROI? That does carry over to postgrad in the 32 counties, check with your local VEC or Council for course eligibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yeah, I sat the HPAT last year. Didn't study for it or anything as, well you can't really. :) They like you to have work experience and voluntary work done as part of your application.

I got offered a place but I'm just about to send the withdrawing email. :( Going to Trinity instead but I've heard great things about the course up there (and it's 3 years instead of 4) which has me hovering over the send button. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

Larianne wrote: »
    Yeah, I sat the HPAT last year. Didn't study for it or anything as, well you can't really. :) They like you to have work experience and voluntary work done as part of your application.

I got offered a place but I'm just about to send the withdrawing email. :( Going to Trinity instead but I've heard great things about the course up there (and it's 3 years instead of 4) which has me hovering over the send button. :o

disappointed larianne thought i had ya convinced. jordanstown is the spot op

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yeah, it is a pity as I've heard from the asst. manager of the Physio dept. of a major Dublin hospital that they get a really good standard of graduates from there. I just never thought I'd get in there that I didn't organise anything and received my offer from Trinity aaaaages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Re fees, as far I'm aware everyone on the course does get their fees paid. I'm in SLT in jtown and there's a few mature students on my course who get the fees paid by the NHS.

• Advertisement
Advertisement