Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Open Coverage

• 29-05-2015 9:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭O.P.H

Is there anywhere online covering the Irish Open right now, seems odd that Sky coverage only starts at 12 when there is golf being played now!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭benny79

its a joke starts at 12 on rte then stops at 12.45 for news and other ****! seriously its once a year and one of the biggest events in the country were it show cases are country off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

I'm listening to the European app radio

Paddy just drove the green on the 16th with what's being described as the best drive of the week

3 foot for bird

-5 for paddy. Legend. Shockin that I have to listen this on the radio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

I can't believe it's not being streamed online somewhere!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

This is the standard broadcasting time allocated for 95% of tournaments. Im not sure what the big hullabaloo is about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Poker Face

kiers47 wrote: »
    This is the standard broadcasting time allocated for 95% of tournaments. Im not sure what the big hullabaloo is about.

95% of the time sky show morning and afternoon coverage on Thursdays and Fridays of the back 9 of players. Today they have gone with longer afternoon coverage to, i presume, show all of Rorys round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,338 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Tickets were on sale since last year if people wanted to get 10 hours plus of golf a day.
    Rte are showing over 20 hours of live golf over the 4 days and fair play to them for doing so.

Expecting wall to wall coverage from the national broadcaster or Sky is... a bit Irish.

I could rant about tv licenses, big RTE wages and shocking coverage in general.

I dont know how many times they asked a question to the guy on the course only to be met with a deafening silence because his audio gear clearly wasn't working.

I expect nothing more from sky, they chose to broadcast Rory 's rounds to maximise their international viewership.

No idea what your " a bit Irish" comment is. Do other nationallities not complain about poor services?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,338 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I dont know how many times they asked a question to the guy on the course only to be met with a deafening silence because his audio gear clearly wasn't working.

I expect nothing more from sky, they chose to broadcast Rory 's rounds to maximise their international viewership.

No idea what your " a bit Irish" comment is. Do other nationallities not complain about poor services?

Well I'm enjoying it here as with a lovely cuppa tea.
    (No need for an Irish Water rant)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

PARlance wrote: »
    Tickets were on sale since last year if people wanted to get 10 hours plus of golf a day.
    Rte are showing over 20 hours of live golf over the 4 days and fair play to them for doing so.

Expecting wall to wall coverage from the national broadcaster or Sky is... a bit Irish.

Could have bought a corporate ticket for the TV licence fee I pay each year. Cutting away to telly bingo is a joke. Dispite not showing any coverage this morning Sky are making a good job of the coverage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Perhaps your expectations are a bit out of kilter with reality - what were you expecting?

PARlance wrote:
    Well I'm enjoying it here as with a lovely cuppa tea. (No need for an Irish Water rant)

I am also enjoying it (no need for a self depricating anti-Irish comment)

Perhaps your expectations are a bit out of kilter with reality - what were you expecting?

Perhaps.

My biggest gripe would be not showing Rory one day and Padraig/Shane the next.

They are our top golfers, would have been nice to give them all some proper air time.

I don't get why they aren't streaming it on the rte live player when it is not been shown on tv?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭O.P.H

To be honest I think it's far more "Irish" that our national broadcaster isn't showing more of our national golf tournament but instead choosing to air reruns of Dr. Phil during the morning sessions. And can we also not afford to use our own feed, we are simply using Sky's footage with our commentary, even the montages at the end of each day are sky's. Typical amateur hour rte as usual!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

O.P.H wrote: »
    And can we also not afford to use our own feed, we are simply using Sky's footage with our commentary, even the montages at the end of each day are sky's. Typical amateur hour rte as usual!

No, the feed is controlled by European Tour Productions, which Sky also take I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

fullstop wrote: »
    No, the feed is controlled by European Tour Productions, which Sky also take I believe.

For some events Sky add extra cameras as well as using the main feed. Not sure did they do this or not this week.

Advertisement