Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Drink Bargain Alerts!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭tphase

Sometimes they forget to put the offer price out, if you had gone to the till chances are you'd have got the discount.
    but if I don't know there's an offer on, I'm not going to put 2 cases in the trolley...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

tphase wrote: »
    but if I don't know there's an offer on, I'm not going to put 2 cases in the trolley...
    Just ask for a price check, they're happy to oblige.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,476 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Ask Wojczek for a price check.. :) staff in Lidl are always helpful.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Ask Wojczek for a price check.. :) staff in Lidl are always helpful.

After you've queued for an hour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

L1011 wrote: »
    It is officially; and til mid June. My local branch however had no bottles and had removed the shelf edge label! Suspect the manager isn't willing to sell at that price.

I got this deal on Wednesday and I saw that it went on until June 16th

Then this evening, I was in the Tesco offie section and plenty of black label bottles left - but no SEL
    Price is gone back up to €48

I thought maybe be it was just a store specific thing
    But when I checked the Tesco 15mins up the road same thing back to €48

Can they do this and why ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

D Trent wrote: »
    I got this deal on Wednesday and I saw that it went on until June 16th

Then this evening, I was in the Tesco offie section and plenty of black label bottles left - but no SEL
    Price is gone back up to €48

I thought maybe be it was just a store specific thing
    But when I checked the Tesco 15mins up the road same thing back to €48

Can they do this and why ?

The price has returned to €48.49 on their website now too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,537 ✭✭✭✭L1011

At best you could object to false advertising, I guess. They're not telling anyone its the offer price now, though.

It could be the case that they realised there was a catastrophically expensive typo. 36 has been the offer price since the last duty hike.

I had intended to grab two more with the Lidl voucher from the papers this weekend but at least I got some at the offer price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Nah, contract law pretty clear on it. Display of price doors not constitute a legal offer, therefore not bound to honour of actually a mistake.

As for false advertising, not really either. They advertised it for 26e and sold it for that. They've obviously simply decided to end the offer early, which they're perfectly entitled to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭tomhalloween

5 lamps lager 6 for €10 obriens website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Bushmills 16 for 64 euro in O'Briens, 10 quid cheaper than most other places. Crested ten down to 26 quid also. was 23 in tesco last week but still not a bad deal

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Azza89

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    Bushmills 16 for 64 euro in O'Briens, 10 quid cheaper than most other places. Crested ten down to 26 quid also. was 23 in tesco last week but still not a bad deal

They also have the Bushmills 21 year old for €100, next nearest price is €135 i think. Its worth it though, great whiskey for anyone that wants to put that kinda money down for a bottle.

Got a bottle of Black Barrel for 40 in Tesco. With an Aldi voucher from the paper I got 10 off 50 - I did have other stuff to buy so I'll consider 80% of that to be off the whiskey so it was 32.

Worth a punt at that cost... only on til the end of the weekend and it was 38 a few days ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭limnam

Tap 7 in Tesco 4 for 8e.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Pompous

Jim Beam 70cl for €20 in Supervalu, Pavillions, Swords

I'm unsure if the same deal applies to all Supervalu stores

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭janiejones

My local Tesco (Douglas, cork) has a few drinks 4 for 9. Youngs double chocolate stout is one, it's a personal favourite bit they don't have it in stock. Annoying.

Le fevre cider and wells banana bread beer are on it too

• Advertisement

B\hol and all that jazz I just got 24 Budweiser cans for €26 I also got use an Aldi €10 off voucher for this transaction in Tesco

Same offer on Heineken and Carlsberg and at least one other I can't remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Hole in the wall on Blackhorse Avenue has 4 packs of the large (473ml) Sierra Nevada Pale Ale cans for 10 euro, 4 packs of large Torpedo for 12.
    Decent deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Absolut 70cl is €19.99 at O' Briens.

https://www.obrienswine.ie/spirits/spirits/vodka/absolut-70cl.html

€28+ in Tesco and other stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Super Bock €6.99 for 6 bottles in Aldi. Cracking price for a good lager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,031 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The Asia Market on Drury St. has 6 bottles of Chang beer (from Thailand) for €5. This may be stretching the definition of "good drink" a bit, however, the stuff is legendary for causing changovers. :p

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement

Dunnes are doing 4 bottles of the West Indies Guinness for €9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

O'Briens have Guinness FES at 2.09, just a regular price, not a special offer.

Compared to 2.50-2.60 in Tesco/ DS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Colgans wheat beer is on offer in tesco. It was 8 Euro for 4 bottles,now 4 euros for 4 bottles. Half price i believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭laros

O'Briens in Athlone have 24 cans (330 ml) of Blacks Kinsale Pale for €40... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Drinkstore are doing 6 bottles of Left Hand Brewing Nitro Stout for a tenner! short BB date, end Oct.

In store only not online.

penev10 wrote: »
    Drinkstore are doing 6 bottles of Left Hand Brewing Nitro Stout for a tenner! short BB date, end Oct.

Now that is a bargain! Did they have much stock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,285 ✭✭✭jh79

Teelings Single Malt €44.99 in O'Briens Galway, i'd imagine it's nationwide too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Trond wrote: »
    Now that is a bargain! Did they have much stock?

Loads. I thought they'd be walking out the door at that price but they said they hadn't started shifting yet.

Loads. I thought they'd be walking out the door at that price but they said they hadn't started shifting yet.

We'll see about that later on :D

on my bike though :mad: my poor back!!

jh79 wrote: »
    Teelings Single Malt €44.99 in O'Briens Galway, i'd imagine it's nationwide too.

This is probably a question for another thread more - but is it worth that? If it is, I'll grab a bottle. I had a sample of the grain in the Airport a fair while ago (believe it was the younger brother that served me, at that) and found it pretty rough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Pompous

This is probably a question for another thread more - but is it worth that? If it is, I'll grab a bottle. I had a sample of the grain in the Airport a fair while ago (believe it was the younger brother that served me, at that) and found it pretty rough.

It usually costs €50+ so this is a somewhat discounted price. It can be a bit 'rough', as you say, but some people like that. In my opinion it's all about the flavour at the end of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Personally I wouldnt spend my money on it. Many better options for the same money or for a tenner more tons of infinitely better options.

less money: bushmills, black bush, standard jameson ( i know they are not single malt but they are all nicer whiskeys).

same money - connemara peated, jameson black barrel, bushmills 10

for 10 quid more: Arran 14 malt for a start but there are perhaps 50+ single malts in the 55 quid category in the Celtic whiskey shop that are 10 times the whiskey that Teeling is.
    Green spot is down to 55 quid in Obriens this month and is just outstanding.

Thats a few super common whiskeys that i have tried, im sure a seasoned whiskey drinker could list tons more.

That's what I wanted to hear (or something similarly detailed on the opposing side, I guess). There is a bit of hype around it which is probably driving the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

I got a present of the Teeling Single Malt a few months ago & really liked it, as did the couple of people I shared it with. It's not a smooth whiskey exactly but I certainly didn't find it overly rough & had no problem drinking & enjoying it. That said, I don't think I'd have paid €50 for it myself. Even at €45 it's probably still overpriced.

Thanks again for that, picked up 18 of them for €30. Serious value :)

Dont think they had many left after that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,268 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Anyone seen any good deals on slabs of lager in Galway? Need drink for electric picnic

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

MadYaker wrote: »
    Anyone seen any good deals on slabs of lager in Galway? Need drink for electric picnic
    Possibly too late if you're going to EP, but this thread might suit ya better http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057168220&page=31

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Leann follain, €1.58 a bottle in tesco monaghan. Bargain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Ryath

laros wrote: »
    O'Briens in Athlone have 24 cans (330 ml) of Blacks Kinsale Pale for €40... :)

Thanks got a slab may get another.
    G rock wrote: »
    Leann follain, €1.58 a bottle in tesco monaghan. Bargain

Disappointed it wasn't discounted in Tesco Mullingar but Scheiderweiss Tap 7 at €1.63 a bottle more than made up for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

Revisionist Dark IPA - €2

Fuller's Honey Dew - €1.40

Schneider Weisse Tap 7 - €1.63

all spotted in Tesco Athlone today.

Coonagh Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Dunnes 4 for €10 on O'Haras, good for Leann Folainn
    Kinsale kpa cans only €2.30 also, lowest I've seen them
    Fran Wells 4 for €8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

12 x 330ml Kronenbourg 1664 for E10 in Tesco.

I've always thought it a very drinkable lager and at that price it's well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

In supervalu blackrock yesterday I seen a discounted craft shelf, didn't get to have a proper look but seen some Kelly's justice? Also large Italian bottles 32? They also have a growler system in place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭folamh

Dunnes:

2 euro for single 330ml bottles of Affligem Blonde (6.8%): http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/196/620/

Sale on all French wines.

• Advertisement

folamh wrote: »
    Dunnes:

2 euro for single 330ml bottles of Affligem Blonde (6.8%): http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/196/620/

Sale on all French wines.

Afflligem is delisted and reduced to clear in dunnes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Ryath

Spotted a couple of Wychwood beers on special @ €2.29 in Aldi this evening.

Got a few King goblin and one each of the Hobgoblin Gold and DrThirstys to try. Really like the regular hobgoblin so looking forward to the Kinggoblin may go back in the morning to clear the shop of them! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Ryath wrote: »
    Spotted a couple of Wychwood beers on special @ €2.29 in Aldi this evening.

Got a few King goblin and one each of the Hobgoblin Gold and DrThirstys to try. Really like the regular hobgoblin so looking forward to the Kinggoblin may go back in the morning to clear the shop of them! :D

Great price on the King Goblin, I'm sure I saw that for over €4 a bottle last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭folamh

edit wrong thread lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,031 ✭✭✭✭bnt

^^^ you can delete posts: Edit then select Advanced.

Anyway: I was in Lidl today, and they have their own brand Black Lager and Festbier there for €1.49 each. (They appear to be from the same brewery as their Perlenbacher, if the boxes are any guide.

I'm trying the Black Lager first, since it's a type with which I'm not familiar. It's not exactly black, more like maroon. I thought it would be more heavily hopped, but I'm tasting more molasses than chocolate in this one. Not as interesting as I was hoping, but still OK.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement
Advertisement