Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tulfarris

• 10-04-2014 9:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭

Thinking of heading to Tulfarris tomorrow. Anyone played it recently. What condition is it in.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Felexicon wrote: »
    Thinking of heading to Tulfarris tomorrow. Anyone played it recently. What condition is it in.

Fairways were firm last Sunday. Rough cut well back but ground quite soft off the fairways. Found the greens quite slow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Fairways were firm last Sunday. Rough cut well back but ground quite soft off the fairways. Found the greens quite slow

Would agree with above, also played it on Sun. Greens were slow and very bumpy as still recovering from hollow tining, could seriously do with being rolled. Muddy in parts but well playable although the bunkers looked poor with wet and hard compacted sand. If playing a social or society outing I'd advise adopting a rake and place policy in the bunkers. It's a lovely course in an ideallic setting and always nice to play.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I played it Sunday too and also in September, it's a wet course off the fairway, we had balls embedding in the greens and lost plugged, Sept and April are when they hollow tin the greens so best to avoid those dates.
    Tulfarris is a summer course IMHO, give it another few weeks if you can...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Got the half day off work and it was only €20 for the round. Very enjoyable course and the scenery is incredible.

Was wet in some spots off the fairway but not to an extent that would make it unplayable. Greens are recovering nicely and played well if a bit slow.
    The index 1 10th was the highlight of the round.

Will be back to play it again very soon

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭tigerwood1

Played 11 holes last night at tulfaris and i have to say as a former member the course is back to it,s best greens super and they have cut rough down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭leroythelegend

tigerwood1 wrote: »
    Played 11 holes last night at tulfaris and i have to say as a former member the course is back to it,s best greens super and they have cut rough down.

Agree, played it a few weeks back and it was in the best condition I've ever played it, including the bunkers. It's great value at the moment, just €20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭newport2

They've invested some money recently, including a roller for the greens which has made a huge difference. It's playing great at the moment, greens very true. Well worth a visit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭dar_cool

played it few weeks ago on the monday, class layout!! course was in great condition aswell!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Amazing trek from the back tees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭newport2

ForeRight wrote: »
    Amazing trek from the back tees.

Savage off the blue tees alright, Open comp off them this Monday. Over 100 yards longer then the pros faced in Fota at the Irish Open this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

newport2 wrote: »
    They've invested some money recently, including a roller for the greens which has made a huge difference. It's playing great at the moment, greens very true. Well worth a visit.

Any plans to improve the drainage? Lovely course in dry weather but when it rains......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Anyone been out here recently. What kind of condition is it in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭thewobbler

Anyone played Tulfarris or Rathsallagh recently?

Heading down this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

thewobbler wrote: »
    Anyone played Tulfarris or Rathsallagh recently?

Heading down this weekend.

Played Tulfarris the other day. In reasonably good shape but the bunkers were like concrete after the heavy rain over the past few days. The greens were a bit bumpy after the tining but playable and most courses are like that at this time of year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭John Divney

Played Rathsallagh the day after the deluge last Friday. Couldn't believe it was fine, bunkers were Gur though.

Greens have some small damage on one hole but otherwise a great course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭thewobbler

Thanks chaps

• Registered Users Posts: 6 greendodger93

Anyone played around here recently? Thinking of heading up soon

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Anyone played around here recently? Thinking of heading up soon
    Yep not bad, but not a patch on the Blessington Lakes GC a mere half a mile up the road....Sorry got carried away, it is in great condition at the mo played it 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Yep not bad, but not a patch on the Blessington Lakes GC a mere half a mile up the road....Sorry got carried away, it is in great condition at the mo played it 2 weeks ago.

Blessington lakes was so good the time I was up there I played it twice

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

ForeRight wrote: »
    Blessington lakes was so good the time I was up there I played it twice
    Good man Mr Right, 36 holes fair play that's what i call a perfect day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement