Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Craft Beer Consumer Group

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

listermint wrote: »
    Yeah but thats Offaly ....

A number of my locals is west Dublin don't have anything. OtherS are stocking crafty hoor, Fran well and hop house 13

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Lucena wrote: »
    In all honesty, what percentage of pubs in Ireland currently have even one craft tap? When I'm home in Offaly, my local village pub has exactly zero craft beers (tap or bottle) and from what I can tell, the vast majority of pubs in Tullamore wouldn't have any craft in either.

The chances of craft beer completely shutting out non-craft beer is extremely remote.

There will never be a situation where craft outsells big beer here. If you look at the BeoirFinder app and select pubs, you see where they are located. There are hotspots in obvious locations like Dublin and Cork.
    Tullamore only really has two pubs serving craft and only the Wolftrap does it in any way approaching correctly. Even still, they find it incredibly hard to shift bottled beer and the locals will only try craft beer on tap that's below 5% so nothing too exciting. They do put in a real effort though.

The midlands isn't a great spot, even Athlone and Mullingar only have a few pubs each that are worth visiting for Irish craft. My own town has nothing and I don't expect that to change.

Advertisement