Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to buy ethical clothing in Dublin or on web

Options
  • 05-01-2010 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hey up,

Now that i have a job I would like to buy clothes where people were paid a fair wage to make them (no slave Labour)

This is a problem as almost everything seems to be made in Bangladesh etc.

I am a lad who is not particularly mad into fashion by any stretch of the imagination and is not really into brand names as such

Does anyone know of any shops in Dublin which have a decent range of ethical clothing- the only two I know of are Road jeans and American apparel.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Didnt pepe jeans do a line of ethical clothing. HnM do it sometimes too. Oxfam do specific fairtrade clothing afaicr

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭lorem ipsum

Hey OP,

I know topshop often have a small fair trade range of clothes which is often quite nice, other than that I don't know any shops in Dub that do fair trade clothing.

I often buy great fair trade clothes on this site www.peopletree.co.uk tho. The only prob is that there delivery charge to Ireland is pretty shocking if you're spending less that 100 pounds sterling, so I usually get the stuff delivered to my sister who lives in the UK. But you can buy People Tree clothing from asos.com where the delivery might be cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Machja

If you are looking for green clothing online, check out these organic cotton clothes by Machja.
    I can guarantee you the high quality of these eco-friendly products, since I work for this company. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Hey OP,

I know topshop often have a small fair trade range of clothes which is often quite nice, other than that I don't know any shops in Dub that do fair trade clothing.

I often buy great fair trade clothes on this site www.peopletree.co.uk tho. The only prob is that there delivery charge to Ireland is pretty shocking if you're spending less that 100 pounds sterling, so I usually get the stuff delivered to my sister who lives in the UK. But you can buy People Tree clothing from asos.com where the delivery might be cheaper.

Some nice stuff there but it's a little pricy. Buying in second hand and swap shops would also be ethical as it is technically recycling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Gerry81

coldpaw wrote: »
    Hey up,

Now that i have a job I would like to buy clothes where people were paid a fair wage to make them (no slave Labour)

This is a problem as almost everything seems to be made in Bangladesh etc.

I am a lad who is not particularly mad into fashion by any stretch of the imagination and is not really into brand names as such

Does anyone know of any shops in Dublin which have a decent range of ethical clothing- the only two I know of are Road jeans and American apparel.

cheers
    there is a t-shirt shop in temple bar called red eye, its on crowe street, most of the t-shirts are fair trade, at least last time I could afford to buy clothes they were and I think some of the hoodies are as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Unaton

There's also Ali Hewson's (Bono's missus) online shop EDUN, all organic, fair trade, sustainable etc. Not cheap but the stuff is high quality and has loadsa beautiful things there.

http://www.edunonline.com

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bdo

Asos are launching "The Green Room" on February 15th which is dedicated to ethical fashion.

Some of the sites mentioned in last Sunday Times article on ethical fashion might help the original poster.

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/fashion/article6978111.ece

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭gawker

Going to bump this after what happened in the Penneys factory today. Does anybody know where in Dublin (Or online) you can get fair trade / ethically manufactured clothing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Please don't bump three year old threads, just start a new one.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement