Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused Depressed and Need Help

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Lenmeister wrote: »
    Crazy story man, fair balls to ye. Also the one from taxAHcruel, I couldn't believe I was actually reading that. Remember this is great news for straight guys too, now there's more single women available ;) Head up and on ye go chief.

That's one think I've never understood about straight male homophobes - surely they should be delighted that all the best dressed and attentive men arent competing with them for girls!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

floggg wrote: »
    That's one think I've never understood about straight male homophobes - surely they should be delighted that all the best dressed and attentive men arent competing with them for girls!
    Well excuuuuuse me, I dress very well thank you! Though maybe not as flamboyantly :P I never understood it either, I always think it's good when you hear about another person coming out. The first thing I think is great, more women available :)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭DoctorBoo

Best thread ever. So happy for you both!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Walker77

Hi Tito Man really happy it has worked out for you. Fair play for sticking with your fella through everything. Take care and have a long happy friendship together

Well excuuuuuse me, I dress very well thank you! Though maybe not as flamboyantly :P I never understood it either, I always think it's good when you hear about another person coming out. The first thing I think is great, more women available :)

I said best, not most flamboyant! Not all of us can pull off the feather boa!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Blikes

Read through the whole thread, Couldn't stop smiling.
    I could almost feel the emotions coming from the page.
    So happy for you and Billy, Keep us updated about him and his parents, i so hope they come around soon so he can just relax, be himself and enjoy his life completely like you are doing.

PS. The two of you must be keeping the local xtravision propped up :P

PPS. Your parents are legends!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Tito Man!

Hi again, everyone.

Thanks for everyone who's reading. And it's ironic, but one of our mutual friends said very similar things when we were talking one night. I was basically asking him if he had any problem with us or anything. He just shrugged and said that there were more girls (though he didn't say "girls") out there for straight people now. Bloody hell.

And also, I must confess, I'm a digital shoplifter. While it would be nice to be propping up Xtravision and so on, I usually find films and stuff to watch through other, grey-area means. :o

Just a quick update. Monday evening was when my Mum scheduled this 'big dinner' thing of hers for all of us. It was me, Billy, my brother, his wife and my parents. It was a really nice get together. There was lots of hugging and happiness. Billy was really nervous going over. Obviously my family all knew him anyway, but never in the sense of being my boyfriend! He needn't have worried. Everyone loved him anyway as he was just such a nice guy anyway.

Mum went all out and made a proper day of it. Everyone was a little hungover, but it was still wonderful. My sister-in-law (one of the most amazingly sweet, wonderful people I know) was really taken in with Billy, now that she got to meet him properly. He's pretty shy, but she got him talking and soon it was a proper family dinner going.

Before everyone left, my mum wanted to get a photo of her two "babies" and their partners. It was really a moment that got to me. She's getting the picture of the 4 of us framed to put on the wall. I don't know, it's just something about how my parents are so proud of the two of us and so happy with the partners we have and that they want a photo of the 4 of us framed in their house. It just struck me as so cool and so sweet.

If anyone hasn't noticed, I'm a pretty sensitive and emotional person. Maybe a bit too much sometimes, but that's just me. I just keep thinking how difficult and bad everything could have been, but that it has been so amazing so far. Whatever happens from here on out, I will always look back on this time with nothing but fondness.

Billy has been talking to his parents on the phone a few times. And thankfully, they seem to be coming around a bit more each time. He's going to meet up with them tomorrow, and it sounds positive. I really cannot hope more that it goes well for him. But I think it will.

We're planning a short trip away for during the summer too. We're leaning towards New York. We've never been and we both want to go. I have loads of relations over there who I haven't seen in years, so it will be good. I've also heard it's very 'gay-friendly', so that's a big plus too. It's in very early stages yet, we might end up going somewhere else. But that's just on the cards for the time being.

Thank you so much to everyone who has been reading the thread. The messages of support have helped so much. They're a little extra boost. I just find it so wonderful how everything is going and hope things can keep going in a positive direction. Anyone who has any advice or tips further, feel free to say it or to PM me. Still so novice-y at all this, so any further advice will be much appreciated.

Thank you so much for reading.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

What wonderful, amazing parents you have Tito.
    Billy's will also come around eventually. They just need to assimilate this new information.

I'm reminded of my mothers reaction when I tried to thank her for being so great about coming out - she got angry with me! She gets angry whenever she hears words like tolerance or acceptance - on her eyes there is no difference between me and my other siblings, there is nothing for her to tolerate or accept and she sees no other way that she could or would have reacted. It doesn't make the slightest difference to her if I'm gay or straight and she doesn't see why it would to anybody else.

Sounds like your parents are the same. They are reacting just how a parent should.

That's not to be critical of Billy's parents - it can be a big shock and disappointment (grand kids etc), and can take time to adjust. I'm sure they'll get there.

I guess though its important to realise nobody is doing you any favours by being fine with all this - that's just how it should be! I think for your own self worth it's important that you realise you're just as normal and deserving of respect as your straight brother (by way of example).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

So cool to be so happy!

Ah, this thread is a breath of fresh air

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

BTW, isn't it just amazing to look back at the thread title and compare it to where you are now Tito?

Hi folks,

sorry I haven't posted in a while. Hectic weekend. Was at my brother's best friend's wedding in Cork over the weekend, so I'm very hungover and sore as I write this. Some fun stuff to update with too.
    BTW, isn't it just amazing to look back at the thread title and compare it to where you are now Tito?

This struck me and it is a fact. It is a real fact. When I started this thread, I was so down. I was so scared and I just didn't know what the hell was going to happen. But now. It's like a dream come true. I feel ten feet tall constantly.

Billy met up with his parents. It went really well for him. They both hugged him and said they needed time, but that they'd love him. He hasn't told them about me yet (nor have his brothers). But I'm sure unless they're totally daft that they will twig what's going on. I'm just happy for him. He came home and he was so much happier and that just made me happier.

There was also the wedding this weekend. It was my brother's best friend's wedding. My brother was the best man. I had been invited obviously. But when I replied, I had been going out with my ex. That was obviously a non-runner now. I was going to go solo, but my brother intercepted me and asked the groom if I could bring Billy.

His best friend is a great guy and a friend of mine too, but didn't know I'm gay (bi, whatever). I was a bit annoyed that my brother told him, but in the end it didn't matter. I got a phone call from him. It was basically insisting that I bring Billy! He was so nice to me and really wanted me to come down and bring Billy with me.

Naturally, both of us were a bit nervous (lots of people we didn't know and not knowing what kind of people they were). But after a bit of pleading from the brother, we drove down and brought the suits and all that.

The bride and bridesmaids were all over us, believing us to be the stereotypical "gay lads". Was quite funny and charming, if a bit tactless, but we saw it as funny. We were sitting at a lovely table with great people. Nobody cared in the least. Even when we held hands and shared the odd kiss, nobody cared. A double-take or two from some people, but they'd usually smile and not care after that.

We shared a few dances, including a couple of slow ones, and it was just brilliant. Of course, we got dances from the bride, the mother of the bride and several others. We also got spectacularly pissed (a free bar is a dangerous thing). The room we had in the hotel was also gorgeous, old-world-style room, with a huge king-sized double bed. Why would I bring up the bed, I wonder?

Wonderful, spontaneous, drunken, fun sex. I know I shouldn't bring it up (this being an "all-age" forum), but it was one of the most fun nights we ever spent together. First time we'd ever experienced anything outside our apartment too! The next day was lots of just being hungover and feeling very sorry for ourselves and laughing at the funny pictures and videos from the wedding.

For now, we're just keeping going and having fun as much as we can and I'm just being there for Billy as much as I can be until he gets the issues with his family resolved. Thanks to all again!

Also the one from taxAHcruel, I couldn't believe I was actually reading that.

Who? What? Where? What was wrong with it - I thought the advice was pretty good and useful.

Tito Man! wrote: »
    Billy met up with his parents. It went really well for him. They both hugged him and said they needed time, but that they'd love him.

For now, we're just keeping going and having fun as much as we can and I'm just being there for Billy as much as I can be until he gets the issues with his family resolved. Thanks to all again!

I hope the above is a sign my advice was on the mark and that his parents do not have a problem with homosexuality per se - they just want their child to be happy - and that it is just their lack of experience and knowledge of homosexuality that is making them afraid for him - and they reacted badly to that fear.

As I said in my earlier longer post fear is a powerful thing and causes us to act wrongly and blow things out of proportion. This is what I find with the vast vast majority of the parents I have met around this issue - and therefore things just need time and always come good in the end - and it sounds/seems like this is what is happening here too.

Certainly cause to be optimistic!

Hi, again.

Just thought I'd pop on here as I have a free night and just let people hear a bit more. Billy's gone out for the night with some of our friends. I was supposed to go too. But I had a nightmare busy day in work today. I just needed to collapse and do nothing. So while Billy primmed himself up, I was sat vegetating on the sofa.

Billy asked me earlier if it was ok with me that he told his parents who his boyfriend is. He kinda sprung that on me as I was lying on bed feeling sorry for myself after work. But of course, I have no problem with it. It's going to come out eventually. And I actually think it might help him. I got along fine with his folks whenever I met them, so if they find out their "son-in-law" (:P) is a nice guy and not a user or abuser they might come around more. I hope.

There have also been some embarrassing recollections from the wedding. There is apparently a video of me belting out "Love And Marriage", and acting out certain lyrics, somewhere waiting to be uploaded. God help me.

In work, I think it's becoming a bit more apparent about me. Don't ask me how or why, but I think I've been just a little bit more, I don't know, "camp" or something lately. For someone who is a real "manly" person, it is quite noticeable. I was also very down a few months ago, and most people chalked it up to me and my girlfriend breaking up. But my colleagues are not stupid. I really think that some of them have guessed.

I'm always talking about Billy. In work, just about how we're such good friends and about how we're now flatmates. Bit naive of me, I know. But it's what I want to talk about when we talk at lunch or breaks or whatever. One of my good friends from work I think has guessed or feels pretty certain. He's always asking little questions and has a little knowing look on his face most times. He's a really cool guy and I want to tell him properly soon (maybe tomorrow or over the weekend). Nobody in work would have a problem with it at all. We're all good friends and there would be no issue, as far as I know.

It was like the wedding. Nobody cared. Some people even thought it was "cool". They wanted to talk to the "gay guys", have pictures taken with us, dance with us, etc. Sort of felt like being a circus act a little bit, but it was cool to be seen in a positive light.

We've also moved forward a little with our holiday. We now have our hearts set on New York. Looking at September. We have plenty of time to save up and make sure everything will work. So, another request to the guys and gals on here. If anyone has any info or experience with travelling in New York in terms of gay venues or anything (not general tourism, because we've enough info on that!) or places that would be of interest to gay people, please tell me! It would be much appreciated. I know the internet is a great resource, but I love hearing from people's personal experiences.

Just to close, I want to thank everyone on here again. This has been the most helpful, therapeutic and just brilliant resource for me. I just love updating on how things are going. I feel I owe it to everyone on here. This has been some journey for me so far. And all of you have been with me every step of it. And it has been so good. Thank you.

I do not think you owe anyone on here anything. I would be surprised to learn that we have not learned as much from you as you have from us. I hope you keep posting on here because you WANT to rather than you feel you owe it to us in some way. Judging by the responses to your posts so far I reckon it is US that owe something back to YOU. And I think I have seen a few names so far who would be happy to step up and pay up. Just keep being you and do not modify that "you" based on anything you might thing we want or do not want.

Dont change a thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

This thread is the best thing to happen to this forum :). It's like a concentrated shot of hope straight to the vein.

Stay happy.

I just love updating on how things are going. I feel I owe it to everyone on here. This has been some journey for me so far. And all of you have been with me every step of it. And it has been so good. Thank you.

No.
    Thank you. :)
    You've reminded us that love does indeed conquer all.
    I doubt I'm the only one what got that warm, fuzzy feeling from reading through your thread.
    I'm fairly sure that it has also given others hope.

Hi, again.

Been a good few days for me and for Billy too.

I'm really happy with the support from here. I've been exchanging private messages with a few posters here. It has been most helpful. Don't want to name any names (I'd probably forget someone!), but you'll all know who you are. From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank you a lot. Thanks to everyone who's been posting in the thread with advice and thoughts. It's all been taken on-board and has helped. No matter how small your piece of advice has been. It no doubt helped in some way. :)

Last night, we both went up to one of my best friends' apartments to watch the football and have some pizzas. He knows, but his housemate doesn't. His housemate is a really nice guy. He's from Liverpool, but we all have our problems, right? :p Before the games started, his housemate was surfing the net on his laptop, obviously looking at Sickipedia or some such. He started reading out some of the jokes, and a couple were gay-bashing ones. We didn't care, because they actually were funny. Thought no more about it. My friend and his housemate went to the kitchen to make some coffee or something.

Literally 30 seconds later, his housemate comes tearing back in. He's babbling out apologies and is as red as a tomato. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I didn't know you guys were boyfriends. I'm so so sorry!" and so on. We just laughed and told him not to worry. We hadn't advertised the fact at all, nor had my friend told him (until he told him off in the kitchen!). So how was he to know. And obviously by his reaction, he's not homophobic or anything! He was so embarrassed, and never stopped apologising all night. He even texted me today to tell me how sorry he was and that he meant nothing by it. Think I could have guessed that myself.

Today, at lunchtime in work I told one of my close friends from there. We were just out having a smoke. Watching the city go by. I just said it really casual, asking him "Man, you know I'm bi, right? You know I have a boyfriend?" He laughed through his cigarette and said he'd known for a while. Thought I was gay for ages, but now he knows for sure. Gave me a hug and was happy for me. Where I work is very liberal anyway, so I don't think I'll have any problems. But this was really good as a first step for me.

Billy has been talking to his parents more and more. And it's all been positive. They're slowly growing to adjust. They might not be overly happy with the situation. But at least they're showing him that they will still love him. There's also room for acceptance too. Eventually. He told me that he was told that his parents always wanted all of their sons to start families and grandchildren and all of that. So they were a bit upset that it may not happen. They also fundamentally do not agree with homosexuality. But seeing as one of their own sons is gay/bi, I'm hoping they'll come around. And it seems to be happening.

That's all that's been going on with me anyway! Just gonna veg out on the couch watching the Champions League for the night. Over and out for now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Conbhar

Ah Tito my man you have just restored my faith in love and I'm not even gay. I just came across this thread a few minutes ago and I couldn't stop reading, so many positives to take from it. Im so happy for ya mate and I just want to wish you and Billy all the best in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Tainor

That's all that's been going on with me anyway! Just gonna veg out on the couch watching the Champions League for the night. Over and out for now. :)

Sheesh!!! A gay man watching football OMG...what is next, gay car mechanics!? What is this world coming to :eek: :P :D

*goes back to reading make-up tips and summer fashion collection :D

/Great to hear everything is going soooo cool between the two of you! Maybe someday you can show other people, that when you feel like you are at your worst, you find out that life shows you the best in least expected :)

Hi, everyone!

Funny, I find the stereotypes of gay guys funny more than anything. A few of my friends had shocked reactions when I told them. Because I don't conform to the stereotype at all (play football, love football/rugby/GAA, mad into cars and autos, listen to rock/heavy-metal constantly, etc.). One of my mates even blurted out "But you love football!" when I told him. It's like, "What does that have to do with me being gay or not?" :confused:

Though when you think about it, football is all lads running around in shorts. :P

Today, while I was off navigating my way to and from Donegal, Billy went up to his parents for dinner. And obviously for them to talk. Until he went to bed a few minutes ago, I haven't been able to shut him up! He's so happy and I've never seen him bounce about the place as much. It went really well, apparently. They have come around a lot more (so my initial apoplectic reaction is embarrassing to me now) and I think now that the initial shock has dissipated they're more open to it.

I'm so happy for him. It's put a proper spring in his step. And that will put a spring in mine. Once he's happy, I'm happy.

We both have the day off from work tomorrow, so we're going to try and do something or go somewhere.

Semi-eventful week for me as well:

My love of football came with a price on Friday night. I got accidentally on purpose kicked in the face and my nose and lip got split open. I have a lovely black eye to go with the swollen lip and nose too. It's not broken, thankfully. But it still hurt like a bitch. Still, we won 2-0. So it was half a result.

I'm also looking like I'm the presumptive for getting a promotion in work! Delighted with this. More responsibility, but it will mean more pay, better hours and something of a title! Just hope it comes through now. Will make our trip to New York a lot handier!

Thanks for reading still, and thanks for all the comments and stuff. They've been great. It makes me smile to see the replies and stuff. It's great!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,155 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Hi, everyone!

Funny, I find the stereotypes of gay guys funny more than anything. A few of my friends had shocked reactions when I told them. Because I don't conform to the stereotype at all (play football, love football/rugby/GAA, mad into cars and autos, listen to rock/heavy-metal constantly, etc.). One of my mates even blurted out "But you love football!" when I told him. It's like, "What does that have to do with me being gay or not?" :confused:

Though when you think about it, football is all lads running around in shorts. :P

Today, while I was off navigating my way to and from Donegal, Billy went up to his parents for dinner. And obviously for them to talk. Until he went to bed a few minutes ago, I haven't been able to shut him up! He's so happy and I've never seen him bounce about the place as much. It went really well, apparently. They have come around a lot more (so my initial apoplectic reaction is embarrassing to me now) and I think now that the initial shock has dissipated they're more open to it.

I'm so happy for him. It's put a proper spring in his step. And that will put a spring in mine. Once he's happy, I'm happy.

We both have the day off from work tomorrow, so we're going to try and do something or go somewhere.

Semi-eventful week for me as well:

My love of football came with a price on Friday night. I got accidentally on purpose kicked in the face and my nose and lip got split open. I have a lovely black eye to go with the swollen lip and nose too. It's not broken, thankfully. But it still hurt like a bitch. Still, we won 2-0. So it was half a result.

I'm also looking like I'm the presumptive for getting a promotion in work! Delighted with this. More responsibility, but it will mean more pay, better hours and something of a title! Just hope it comes through now. Will make our trip to New York a lot handier!

Thanks for reading still, and thanks for all the comments and stuff. They've been great. It makes me smile to see the replies and stuff. It's great!

You are blessed! If my life turns out half as good as yours il be satisfied!!! Keep on living life to the full :D

Hi, everyone!

Sorry it's been so long since I posted. Just been busy and distracted. I've been swapping PM's with a few members and it's been great.

Yesterday, I got told that I'm promoted! :D Officially starting the new position on Monday. I get my own office and better pay and all that, so I'm over the moon with it. Was out last night for a bit of a celebration with Billy and some of our friends and I'm paying for it today. Not as much as Billy is, though. He had to go into work this morning with a raging hangover and like 3 hours worth of sleep. Poor baby.

In terms of what's going on in life, it's still just progress, thankfully. Billy and his parents are slowly starting to get back to the level of where they were. They haven't met me yet, nor do they even know exactly who Billy's boyfriend is. I'm sure they'll suspect what's going on, but I don't want to meet up with them just yet. It might do more harm than good at this early stage. It will happen eventually. But I just want to let them get used to the idea that their son is gay/bi, before they actually meet their son's boyfriend!

My own parents are still amazing, as is my brother. Really making me and Billy feel included in everything and making us feel totally at ease and comfortable. Not overdoing it or anything, but just helping to put us at ease.

My sister-in-law is also such a wonderful person. She's currently off work as she's 8 months pregnant. She calls up to see us a lot and I love spending time with her. My brother and I are two very lucky guys to have such wonderful people in our lives. I cannot wait to see my first nephew/niece soon either. I had been asked to be godfather months ago, so it'll be extra special for me!

But what really makes it is how she's taken a real shine to Billy. They get along so well and she always tells me what a sweet guy he is and to "hold onto him" (I intend to!).

The advice and support I've been getting in PM's has been excellent and has covered the stuff I couldn't really talk about here (18+ rated stuff some of it! :P). But everything's going well there too.

Thanks again, and apologies for the gap! For now, I'm going to feel sorry for myself and keep pumping the coffee in, waiting for my darling hungover to come home. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

Am I the only one who is insanely jealous of these two?! :D

Best of luck to the two of you, I hope one day I can find someone who makes me as happy (and vice versa) as you two seem to. (Lucky sods!)

Paddy C wrote: »
    Am I the only one who is insanely jealous of these two?! :D

Best of luck to the two of you, I hope one day I can find someone who makes me as happy (and vice versa) as you two seem to. (Lucky sods!)

Aw, thanks! :) No need to be jealous, there's someone for everyone. I was just so incredibly flukey with what happened. I still wake up some mornings and lie in bed staring at the ceiling. Still not quite believing what has happened. Still getting used to the happiness and the brilliance of it.

Was also just reading through the thread, and I just want to say that I love posting in it. I love reading through the responses and that it is a pleasure to let people know what's going on and how things are progressing. My only regret is that it's getting so sporadic of late. Just been so busy and occupied with work. But this is something I love doing and thanks to everyone who keeps reading!

With regards how Billy is getting on with his family, it's still going really well. They're in contact every day and it's always warm and positive now. There's no ill feeling any more. Every time they talk, he's a lot happier. His brothers have been immense as well. They're really fighting a corner for him. They're always in touch with him too. It's really helping him.

My own parents are still being brilliant, if a little embarrassing at times. As modern and liberal as they are, there are still some generation gaps. Like my mum asking me if I was "being careful" when I was with Billy (in an intimate way). I responded with the embarrassed-teenager wail of "Muuu-uum!!!". At least I know she feels comfortable enough to embarrass her 27 year old son by asking if he uses protection (when he has a boyfriend).

Our friends have been brilliant throughout too. If a little tactless at times. But in a nice, innocent way. A couple our friends was up with us for the night over the weekend for football and a few drinks. Of course we talked about everything. The topic of me and Billy came up. One of our friends, pissed and in a really loud mood, says "You know, it's weird seeing you two together. It's ****ing brilliant, don't get me wrong. You two were made for each other. But it's so weird for me. I love you guys."

As I said, tactless. I didn't know what to make of it, so I laughed. But he meant it in the best possible way. He just couldn't articulate it.

The big question now for us, and we've talked about it endlessly, when will I go and meet Billy's parents. I'm very nervous about it, but Billy says they're really coming around. I want to leave it for a while. Billy is hoping it will be sooner rather than later. I don't want to upset him, but I won't feel comfortable for a while, especially given how I don't know how they'll react to me. But I'm sure that it's needless fear. I hope.

That said, next week, we're going to book our holiday away! We've settled on New York for a week. We're going to go in September. We're going to book the time off work and get saving up and book the flights and hotel next week. So if anyone knows of any really cool and/or gay-friendly hotels in New York, please, please, PLEASE let me know ASAP! We're really looking forward to it. I can't wait. It'll just be the two of us, for a week, in one of the most amazing and brilliant cities in the world. It will be so good. I really and truly cannot wait for this.

Closing off, thanks again. Feel free to message me or to talk about anything. Still going well, still loving it. Thanks for reading! :)

Hey, everyone.

Jesus, it's been nearly 2 weeks since I last posted in here. Time's flying. It really is.

Billy's parents are more or less totally comfortable and happy now with him. It's really returned to a state of normality between them. There's no awkwardness or anything when they talk and he's so much happier now. We're still skirting the issue of when they will meet me for the first time as his boyfriend, but I have a feeling it will be soon. He's really wanting it to happen, as he thinks it will go well. Fingers crossed it does.

A few more of our friends have been told by us or have found out about us in the past while. Some of them were absolutely stunned, but each and every one of them has been amazing and supportive.

We're all booked for our holiday! We're both so excited and counting off the days until we get to go. Going for a week in the middle of September. We've both booked the time off work and we're both starting to put some money aside so we can have a proper time of it. Seriously cannot wait! It's going to be so good. I can feel it!

I'm loving my new position in work, too. It's a lot more responsibility, but it's a good place and I get plenty of benefits-in-kind from it. It's a great thing when you love your work!

I also want to give major props to two Gardaí who were on duty on O'Connell Street last night. Me and Billy were out with a large group of friends for a birthday. We were all a little drunk and merry. We all left the pub and went to O'Connell Street to get some food and a taxi. The two of us got kind of separated from the rest of the group and we were sitting down waiting for a free taxi. We were not going over the top with the PDA's at all. I think it was one kiss maybe and holding hands. But of course, that's all the ammo some guys need. Two guys started hassling us. The usual "f*ckin q*eers/f*ggots" and acting all hostile. One of them threw a half finished milkshake at us, but it missed.

I was really worried that this was going to escalate. But before it did, the two Gardaí appeared and really put it up to the two lads. While one of them was reading the two idiots the riot act and threatening them with arrest for discrimination, the other one was asking us if we were ok and he actually hailed us our taxi. We were a bit too stunned to thank them and we were gone in the taxi before anything else happened.

Two absolute legends. I'd love to find out who they were to thank them so much. It could easily have ended up in a much worse situation. Billy was a bit upset by it when it hit him what had happened. But as I said, it was just two stupid idiots with too much drink on board and the Gardaí did their job so well and it all ended ok. It was a horrible thing to happen, especially as we were having such a good night up to that point, but we were saved by two eagle-eyed Gardaí who knew we were doing nobody any harm. It reaffirmed my faith in humanity somewhat.

I hope everyone else is keeping good! Thanks again for reading and keep the faith! Feel free to message me or whatever. I can't promise I'll reply straight away, but I will reply!

Be safe, everyone!

Tito

Hey, everyone.

Jesus, it's been nearly 2 weeks since I last posted in here. Time's flying. It really is.

Billy's parents are more or less totally comfortable and happy now with him. It's really returned to a state of normality between them. There's no awkwardness or anything when they talk and he's so much happier now. We're still skirting the issue of when they will meet me for the first time as his boyfriend, but I have a feeling it will be soon. He's really wanting it to happen, as he thinks it will go well. Fingers crossed it does.

A few more of our friends have been told by us or have found out about us in the past while. Some of them were absolutely stunned, but each and every one of them has been amazing and supportive.

We're all booked for our holiday! We're both so excited and counting off the days until we get to go. Going for a week in the middle of September. We've both booked the time off work and we're both starting to put some money aside so we can have a proper time of it. Seriously cannot wait! It's going to be so good. I can feel it!

I'm loving my new position in work, too. It's a lot more responsibility, but it's a good place and I get plenty of benefits-in-kind from it. It's a great thing when you love your work!

I also want to give major props to two Gardaí who were on duty on O'Connell Street last night. Me and Billy were out with a large group of friends for a birthday. We were all a little drunk and merry. We all left the pub and went to O'Connell Street to get some food and a taxi. The two of us got kind of separated from the rest of the group and we were sitting down waiting for a free taxi. We were not going over the top with the PDA's at all. I think it was one kiss maybe and holding hands. But of course, that's all the ammo some guys need. Two guys started hassling us. The usual "f*ckin q*eers/f*ggots" and acting all hostile. One of them threw a half finished milkshake at us, but it missed.

I was really worried that this was going to escalate. But before it did, the two Gardaí appeared and really put it up to the two lads. While one of them was reading the two idiots the riot act and threatening them with arrest for discrimination, the other one was asking us if we were ok and he actually hailed us our taxi. We were a bit too stunned to thank them and we were gone in the taxi before anything else happened.

Two absolute legends. I'd love to find out who they were to thank them so much. It could easily have ended up in a much worse situation. Billy was a bit upset by it when it hit him what had happened. But as I said, it was just two stupid idiots with too much drink on board and the Gardaí did their job so well and it all ended ok. It was a horrible thing to happen, especially as we were having such a good night up to that point, but we were saved by two eagle-eyed Gardaí who knew we were doing nobody any harm. It reaffirmed my faith in humanity somewhat.

I hope everyone else is keeping good! Thanks again for reading and keep the faith! Feel free to message me or whatever. I can't promise I'll reply straight away, but I will reply!

Be safe, everyone!

Tito

That's pretty shot to hear about those two idiots on the street. Hopefully you don't let it bother you.

I have to admit I do tend to be a bit open with my bf in public, and maybe more so than he is comfortable with at times. Nothing too x rated but I like to kiss him hello and goodbye and hold hands when we are together.

Obviously I am conscious of my location (I'm less inclined to do it north of the Liffey to be honest) but I haven't really had any bad reaction - save for a cowardly taxi driver who waited till we paid and tipped him before driving off and shouting something out of the car.

As much as I like to think I'm defiant in the face of such ignorance, I wouldn't like to find myself in that situation with no Gardaí around.

I guess I know why my boyfriend isn't so comfortable with it!!

We're off to Easten Europe in a few weeks and I think I will need to check my inclination towards affection there. We're staying in hostels so I hope we don't get any **** for being two guys sharing a bed in a cheap run down polish hostel.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,155 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

floggg wrote: »
    That's pretty shot to hear about those two idiots on the street. Hopefully you don't let it bother you.

I have to admit I do tend to be a bit open with my bf in public, and maybe more so than he is comfortable with at times. Nothing too x rated but I like to kiss him hello and goodbye and hold hands when we are together.

Obviously I am conscious of my location (I'm less inclined to do it north of the Liffey to be honest) but I haven't really had any bad reaction - save for a cowardly taxi driver who waited till we paid and tipped him before driving off and shouting something out of the car.

As much as I like to think I'm defiant in the face of such ignorance, I wouldn't like to find myself in that situation with no Gardaí around.

I guess I know why my boyfriend isn't so comfortable with it!!

We're off to Easten Europe in a few weeks and I think I will need to check my inclination towards affection there. We're staying in hostels so I hope we don't get any **** for being two guys sharing a bed in a cheap run down polish hostel.

Enjoy your travels, but do keep in mind alot of Eastern Europe is still very conservative and Poland is still a strong catholic country. Just bear it in mind! I wouldnt push the boundaries too much!

• Advertisement

But before it did, the two Gardaí appeared and really put it up to the two lads. While one of them was reading the two idiots the riot act and threatening them with arrest for discrimination, the other one was asking us if we were ok and he actually hailed us our taxi.

I am so delighted to hear that!

There are assholes everywhere, don't dwell on their behaviour towards you.

Advertisement