Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting other young lesbians in Ireland.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Belongto.org is great website it helped me with coming out and meeting people in groups it shows you groups in your area. I find it is very difficult for lgbt people under the age of 18. One of my friends is such a homophobic and I have always been really close to her I honestly am not attracted to her but I have seen her throw her other friends that have come out to her to the curb and I am honestly terrified I have come out to all of my close family and one of my best friends starting with my uncle who is gay I found it a huge help and he is my main support bit I am so close to this homophobic friend that I have that I am so scarred to come out to more people I don't want to lose her I even tried showing thee the page belongto.org with info but she just won't look past the fact that lesbians prefer the same sex plez I need some advice

I understand where you're coming from, but you have to really think hard about whether you actually want to be friends with someone who would dump you out of her life because you like girls. Real friends don't do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭folamh

Belongto.org is great website it helped me with coming out and meeting people in groups it shows you groups in your area. I find it is very difficult for lgbt people under the age of 18. One of my friends is such a homophobic and I have always been really close to her I honestly am not attracted to her but I have seen her throw her other friends that have come out to her to the curb and I am honestly terrified I have come out to all of my close family and one of my best friends starting with my uncle who is gay I found it a huge help and he is my main support bit I am so close to this homophobic friend that I have that I am so scarred to come out to more people I don't want to lose her I even tried showing thee the page belongto.org with info but she just won't look past the fact that lesbians prefer the same sex plez I need some advice

If you are as close to her as you say you are, perhaps your coming out would give her the reality check she needs to overcome her homophobic tendencies.

If you are homophobic, it's easier to ditch your gay friends instead of making an effort to revaluate your prejudices (especially if you don't even realize you have them in the first place!)

But it's harder to reconcile those tendencies with a friendship you value a great deal. She'll have to either come to terms with it or lose your friendship. If she cares about your friendship enough, she'll come to terms with it.

If you do choose to tell her, emphasize that, as much as you love her, you don't fancy her at all (since that seems to be the main point of concern for her). Maybe somewhere down the line she'll appreciate how you shouldn't have to justify yourself in this regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 thata_rockteam

Hello guys. I'm a brazilian girl and I have 24 years old. On my next vacation I chose Ireland to visit and study for three moths. I think that on 3th January I arrive in Dublin. I like to meet lesbian girls.. could be very interesting and funny. I hope that someone read my message. XoXo, Thays

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭trollin trollin trollin

This thread is a bit old but what the heck, I'm 23, I live in the South West and I'm freshly out to my parents as a femme lesbian after spending way too much time in the scary bogeyman's closet. Anyone in or out of the closet around my age is free to pm me if you want to chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Lauren3142

lesbian meet up or whaaaaaaaaaaa? we should wear orange?

• Advertisement
Advertisement