Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Meeting other young lesbians in Ireland.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Platinum2010

Would love to help you out but I really don't know . Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭lex123

im from tipp and there is a few around,depends how open and confident you are!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

The difficulty with online chatrooms is that they tend to be populated with men pretending to be lesbians. :( Could you try the belongto group in Cork maybe? I'm nearly sure one exists. Or just go add people on facebook and start talking, or tagged.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭lex123

reality is every girl thinks about been without another girl,and every girl giving the chance would in my opinion,although most girls would deny it.

Tagged is useless tbh

• Advertisement

I'm having a flick through here and remembering why I deleted my account here actually. I swear to God, I know this is going to make me sound like the biggest snob in the universe, but why is it that the vast majority of lesbians my age are just rather....I don't know. No-one seems to read or be at all interested in anything slightly intellectual. Maybe I'm just meeting the wrong people..but seriously.

I'm having a flick through here and remembering why I deleted my account here actually. I swear to God, I know this is going to make me sound like the biggest snob in the universe, but why is it that the vast majority of lesbians my age are just rather....I don't know. No-one seems to read or be at all interested in anything slightly intellectual. Maybe I'm just meeting the wrong people..but seriously.

Haha trust me you're not a snob I often wonder the same things . I try find some other common ground

Like what though? What is the secret key interest I need to make friends with gay girls my own age? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

^ alcohol. :pac: (k,)

btw platinum, I was in dig recently and they were advertising a wimmins under 25's night this month sometime so if your around you might want to check it out.

Kanoe wrote: »
    ^ alcohol. :pac: (k,)

btw platinum, I was in dig recently and they were advertising a wimmins under 25's night this month sometime so if your around you might want to check it out.

^^^^^ seriously gotta love that girl :p
    Depends on the night though .I've one more exam left :(.

Like sport , fitness , music , hobbies , career interests , Favorite countries

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

I think it's the 25th which would make it a Saturday, handy if everyone is heading out to celebrate. If I'm I'm passing later I'll take a look an let you know. Best of luck with exams btw ;)

edit: if it is on this month and I haven't picked up the info wrong, maybe a few others here might be interested? There seems to be a few here who are not too far away and ye could make a night of it.

Kanoe wrote: »
    I think it's the 25th which would make it a Saturday, handy if everyone is heading out to celebrate. If I'm I'm passing later I'll take a look an let you know. Best of luck with exams btw ;)

All exams are done on the 24th, the day the entire leaving cert ends lol
    Totally screwed up Biology yesterday like big time .

Doubt religion will be much better so will need a good night out after it

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

I'm a bit older than you guys (omg 25.. FUUUUUUU), but I'm from a tiny town. I came out very, very openly at 17, and suddenly, I knew a good handful of gay people. Just from the virtue of being very out, people were more likely to come out to me then.
    It may be an idea..! If not, college, college, college :D

The amount of things I've heard about how amazing college is, there better be nothing but lesbians when I get there or I'll be so disappointed :P

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

Don't get me wrong - college doesn't mean you'll have a line of ladies outside your door, awaiting your attentions! And honestly, my story is very different to most people's - I met a girl early in first year, and had a 4 year relationship, so I don't know anything about single, gay college life.
    What I mean is that it's just much easier to be yourself in college so you are vastly more likely to get yourself a group of gay friends - especially in LGBT socs! You've a ready made group of queers right there - surely there'll be a few you'll get on with :)

Can't wait till college !to be fair ....in my case its like 2 months away hopefully lol
    but the things I've heard about attention seekers in LGBT groups is kinda off putting - makes me not wanna join :cool:

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Can't wait till college !to be fair ....in my case its like 2 months away hopefully lol
    but the things I've heard about attention seekers in LGBT groups is kinda off putting - makes me not wanna join :cool:

Tbh, you won't know for definite until you try it. See how you get on, if nothing else it will be a means of getting to know a few other LGBT people at college.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Duno if anyone is still typing to this but, I'm also living in Cork and yeah i've been having very homosexual thoughts recently. Im pretty confused, as I am going out with a guy for a good while now, and i really do love him, and i find him sexy and everything feels right. but sometimes, i see very pretty girls and i just feel this lust come over me. I think I might be bisexual. Not sure. And not sure what to do either .... ... :/:/

• Registered Users Posts: 42 another new one

Duno if anyone is still typing to this but, I'm also living in Cork and yeah i've been having very homosexual thoughts recently. Im pretty confused, as I am going out with a guy for a good while now, and i really do love him, and i find him sexy and everything feels right. but sometimes, i see very pretty girls and i just feel this lust come over me. I think I might be bisexual. Not sure. And not sure what to do either .... ... :/:/

i know you wrote your message there ages ago but just wondering, how did it all work out for you in the end with the fella and your feelings for girls?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

i know you wrote your message there ages ago but just wondering, how did it all work out for you in the end with the fella and your feelings for girls?

Please don't drag up an old thread just to look for an update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 another new one

Please don't drag up an old thread just to look for an update.

Sorry about that, still getting to know the runnings of the site here..seems I'm a slow learner! whoops:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RuthK2505

stephunk wrote: »
    Hi,
    So I live in Meath and basically I'm 19 and haven't (to my knowledge) ever even meet another lesbian.
    I've only recently came to accepting my sexuality and tried some dating sites. It was a disaster and I just found it awkward and stuff.
    I'm really clueless about how girls go about meeting other lesbians, especially when you don't have any friends willing to come to gay bars etc. with you...

I've never properly been with a girl and I'm starting to feel a little on my own... So yeah, any advice would be nice!
    i no exactly how you feel. i'm 18 in meath and feel as if all the girls are hiding. and it feels inapropriate to ask girls how they feel about other girls. hope you can find some one soon

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Erika15

Hi, i'm 15 years old. And i'm bi.. i just found out not long time ago.. so i dont have any gay friend so its very hard to find someone... I;m from Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

Thats tough going

• Registered Users Posts: 40,799 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Erika15 wrote: »
    Hi, i'm 15 years old. And i'm bi.. i just found out not long time ago.. so i dont have any gay friend so its very hard to find someone... I;m from Dublin

Have you tried belong to?

http://www.belongto.org/

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

No i didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,799 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Erika15 wrote: »
    No i didn't.

Well then maybe contact them

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I wrote a email about 3-4 days ago and they didn't text me back. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Lauren3142

i think there all extinct at this point just me left ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 lifeisamazing

Belongto.org is great website it helped me with coming out and meeting people in groups it shows you groups in your area. I find it is very difficult for lgbt people under the age of 18. One of my friends is such a homophobic and I have always been really close to her I honestly am not attracted to her but I have seen her throw her other friends that have come out to her to the curb and I am honestly terrified I have come out to all of my close family and one of my best friends starting with my uncle who is gay I found it a huge help and he is my main support bit I am so close to this homophobic friend that I have that I am so scarred to come out to more people I don't want to lose her I even tried showing thee the page belongto.org with info but she just won't look past the fact that lesbians prefer the same sex plez I need some advice

Advertisement