Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hedge between neighbours

Options
  • 28-07-2014 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I just moved house and the boundary hedge was encroaching on my property by about 3 foot. I chopped this back so the hedge is now a lot thinner. As a consequence of this, the hedge is now falling down slightly in parts into my neighbour. My neighbour has since asked me to pay for half the cost of having some stakes put in on his side in order to prop up the hedge and stop it falling over. Am I responsible for half the cost of this? The hedge runs down the boundary between both our back gardens.

Thank you, S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Hi, I just moved house and the boundary hedge was encroaching on my property by about 3 foot. I chopped this back so the hedge is now a lot thinner. As a consequence of this, the hedge is now falling down slightly in parts into my neighbour. My neighbour has since asked me to pay for half the cost of having some stakes put in on his side in order to prop up the hedge and stop it falling over. Am I responsible for half the cost of this? The hedge runs down the boundary between both our back gardens.

Thank you, S

Which side of the actual boundary is the hedge growing from?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Try the legal discussion forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=633

but stay away from anything that may constitute legal advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Suziequatro

Hi, thank you for your reply. The hedge is actually on the boundary between us both - so I would say we both have ownership of the hedge.

Advertisement