Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Death in Films, have your say!

• 24-01-2005 10:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭

Deaths in movies, tell us all, and no anime because thats a whole new level :D

Most funny: A clockwork orange, hammered to death with a cock ornament :D.
    Most cheesy: Commando, "let off some steam Bennet". ah ffs!
    Most unexpected: Pulp Fiction with shooting the dude in the back of the car. splat!
    Most satisfying: The damn T1000 in the molten steel pit, die ya bastid.
    Most horrible: The guy who ate a little too much in Seven.

Feel free to add some new categories.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Most Horrible: Can't remember the movie exactly, but it was a recent one where someone was tied to the bonnet of a car and an explosive was inserted rectally.....

Most Funny: The guy on the rocket at the end of True Lies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,035 ✭✭✭✭Basq

TmB wrote:
    Most Horrible: Can't remember the movie exactly, but it was a recent one where someone was tied to the bonnet of a car and an explosive was inserted rectally.....
    Wasn't that Stuart Little 2?! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Most funny: Team America, where they blew up the Louvre just to get the terrorist that was inside!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,866 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Funniest: Commando. Arnie: 'remember I said I'd kill you last'
    Sully: 'yeah man'
    Arnie: 'I lied'
    and also just after it.
    Generic Female: 'What happened to Sully?'
    Arnie: 'I let him go'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

TmB wrote:

Man on fire good film

you'd be surprised how much explosives you can pack up a man's ass!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

horrible:
    Mad Max
    Max's wife and kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

lamest any film where the Hero avoids directly killing the Villian by accidently pushing him onto a spike or diving out the way near a open window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

chewy wrote:
    lamest any film where the Hero avoids directly killing the Villian by accidently pushing him onto a spike or diving out the way near a open window.

most unexpected: Samuel L Jackson gets chomped mid motivational speech in Deep blue sea.

also girl gets creamed by bus mid motivational speech in final Destination

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Funniest & best ever for obvious reasons, Jack aka Leo Di cappuccino, LOL, in Titanic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

JoeSchmoe wrote:
    most unexpected: Samuel L Jackson gets chomped mid motivational speech in Deep blue sea.

Love that one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Any deaths in early Seagal movies...!

Corksrews and all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Etain

Most disturbing/violent: Edward Norton in American History X killing the guy by making him bite the curb...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Irreversible, when Vincent Cassell beats a guy to pulp (literally) was one of the more grizzly I've seen recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

In "Total Recall", Arnie shoots his wife (played by Sharon Stone) in the head then quips, "consider that a divorce". Apparently its legal in Texas to do this.

Most unexpected/shocking: In Pulp Fiction a passer-by gets shot by Marsellus Wallace after Butch crashes into their car ("“Sorry baby, I had to crash
    that Honda")

Most horrible: the one at the end of Day of the Dead. Intestines anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

The Death at the end of scanners is pretty horrible! As is every death in 'Seven'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Funniest: Commando. Arnie: 'remember I said I'd kill you last'
    Sully: 'yeah man'
    Arnie: 'I lied'
    and also just after it.
    Generic Female: 'What happened to Sully?'
    Arnie: 'I let him go'

Legend :D

Come to think of it - about every single death in Commando is cheesily quotable and endlessly hysterical .....

Etain wrote:
    Most disturbing/violent: Edward Norton in American History X killing the guy by making him bite the curb...

That was f*cked up, although it's the sound that does it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Have to agree with Irreversible for most horrific... the guy at the beginning repeatedly smashing a fire extinguisher into someones skull. I thought I knew hardcore. I didn't know ****.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,866 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Most horrible: the one at the end of Day of the Dead. Intestines anyone?

'Choke on them!' :D

Most unintentionally hilarious: Matrix Revolutions
    Neo: Oh No!
    Audience: Rolling in the aisles laughing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Funniest: Brad Pitt getting creamed by 2 cars in Meet Joe Black.

Well, I laughed.

Advertisement