Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Michael Madsen still cool?

Options
  • 21-01-2005 5:30pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭

After Kill Bill 2, I started to wonder, and now having seen him in Tilt, I'm seriously beginning to think that he's just not cool any more. Almost uncool, in fact.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭blobert

I saw an interview with him recently and he seemed like a very obnoxious man. There's something quite sad about a man in his 40's trying desperately to seem cool. I'd like to think most men of his age would be content to wear diamond patterned woolly jumpers and be just regular dad types...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

He can only do one thing, which is to look slightly aloof, yet cool, yet píssed off and mildly amused. It wears thin after the hundredth time you've seen him doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Who said he was ever cool?
    There was a short time when after Resevoir Dogs, one of the coolest movie charachters I think, he was seen as cool. That soon ended with free willy etc.

Check his movie listing on imdb.
    Everything since Resevoir Dogs has been tripe of the highest caliber.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

He has been in more bad films than Samuel L Jackson and yet just as many good ones. The bad far out way the good. Free Willy anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Free Willy anyone?

No, I'm fine thanks. Try there.

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

On his official website (http://www.michaelmadsen.com), he reviews his own movies in a section entitled 'The Good, The Bad &.. The Unwatchable'

At least he's honest about some of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I think he was really cool (even after Free WIlly) but now he's just a little bit pathetic. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Buck Owens

He's gonna be in Sin City asa part of Possibly the "Coolest" casts around,but as far as I known It's a small part. Maybe someone who's read a couple of the Graphic Novels can help us out.

But Besides Mr. Blonde and Budd he's never really been that cool

Advertisement