Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'team america'

Options
  • 05-01-2005 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭

just seen the trailer for 'team america'. Looks to be pretty funny!
    has any1 seen it? what do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,386 ✭✭✭ando

yea I seen it a while ago, its just like South Park... only Thunderbirds style :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

im such a big south park fan and i love all the films matt and trey have done (BASEketball, Orgasmo) that i decided i'm going to wait til it hit the irish cinema which i heard is sometime this month, anyone have a specific date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭weerez

Cremo wrote:
    im such a big south park fan and i love all the films matt and trey have done (BASEketball, Orgasmo) that i decided i'm going to wait til it hit the irish cinema which i heard is sometime this month, anyone have a specific date?

Well it's January 14 in the U.K so Im guessing it's the same date here. It's brilliant by the way. Fans of Matt and Trey will love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Really dissapointing tbh.

Only about 2 "laugh out loud" bits.

"Matt Damon"

I can see why some people don't like it.
    Don't go into it expecting a political satire.
    It's a film that rips on the action genre and celebrities up their own arse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

Trey Parker and Matt Stone are a pair of Libertarian, Republican-supporting, Bush lovers. There is no way in hell I will pay to see their unfunny potshots at people genuinely trying to make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

"Matt Damon"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Agent Orange, its a film, its funny, dont look into it.
    And its is a bloody funyn film that that, the songs in it are legendary, particularly the one about Pearl Harbour, and the drunk guy on about d*cks p*ssies and a*sholes was priceless too.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone are a pair of Libertarian, Republican-supporting, Bush lovers. There is no way in hell I will pay to see their unfunny potshots at people genuinely trying to make a difference.

They have stated publicly that George Bush is an Idiot so I don't think they are Bush Lovers. They say that people think you have to love either Bush or Michael
    Moore but they don't like 'em both.

"MATT DAMON"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Saw it many many months ago now but it was so damn funny, if you like South Park you will like this. "Team America.. Fu.ck Yeah! Were gona piss the whole world off.."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,793 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Didn't like it that much. Definantly not as funny as 'South Park: Bigger, Longer And Uncut', in my opinion anyways!

A couple of funny moments though: particularly "MATT DAMON" and the "Like Ben Affleck Needs Acting Lessons" song.

It's not terrible though... just don't go expecting another "South Park" movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

how are they bush lovers, have you not see the south park episode gaint dousche and turd sandwich, honestly the best episode in series 8

can't wait for this, i saw a bit on mtv where the main character was puking his guts out so funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I've been looking forward to this for a few months now. I showed my friend the trailer and now he's like, "When's Team America coming out!? When's Team America coming out!? When's Team America coming out!!!!!!!!!!?" It's kinda annoying.

Anyway, I'll be going Friday week. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Thought it was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

In Team America, they paint Michael Moore in a bad light and make him look like an idiot, but surely this is acceptable, given that that this is exactly what he has done in his last few books and documovies? Oh and I'm a Moore proponent and very much anti-Bush..

"Matt Damon"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

lol, you know, if parker and stone were europeans, they would be hailed as satirical kings, and up there with the likes of Chris Morris or Rory Bremnar.

They are liberal comedians who understand the point of true satirical comedy - no one is safe, there are no sacred cows, especially self-publicising shock-journos with delusions of being some messianic character.

lol, parker and stone republicans; that's hilarious. that truely is. I think Michael Moore's the worst thing to happen liberlism in America in years; I guess tht makes me republican bushlover.

To much singing in the film IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Ms Beanbag

the boyfs bringing over the film today on dvd. :)

the sx scene in the trailer looks pretty funny :D
    surprised no-one mentioned this...
    I didnt know there was alot of songs in it... hope I dont get bored :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Theres a fair few songs alright, but their all bloody hillarious really, can hear most of em agin and again and still laugh, particularly the Pearl Harbour one. And yes the s*x scene is priceless :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Saviour_Angel

Ms Beanbag wrote:
    hope I dont get bored :o

Oh i'll make sure you won't be bored... :D;)

Just finished downloading the film and watched it yesterday....
    I tought it was a good laugh, nothing special tho, except the fact it tells the truth about American's.... (no offence to any American's here).... :p

*Spoilers*

I love the Bond type scene wit the sharks... :)
    + the F ilm. A ctors. G uild. :p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

Pugsley wrote:
    And yes the s*x scene is priceless :)

You can see the uncut version of this scene (without sound) here. There are at least 3/4 shots that aren't in the theatrical cut.

..edit..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Ms Beanbag

That gary character was *supposedly* Tom cruise, yeah?!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Saw it a few months ago, Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Bush Lover.................. I though you were bringing their Sexual preferences into this...... !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

Ms Beanbag wrote:
    the boyfs bringing over the film today on dvd. :)

the sx scene in the trailer looks pretty funny :D
    surprised no-one mentioned this...
    I didnt know there was alot of songs in it... hope I dont get bored :o
    Not as much singing as in the South Park movie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

worth a look alright. not as good as southpark the movie tho but good in it's own way. The song when TA go on a mission is classic, as is the aids song. rofl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

I thought it was excellent, very well done, i love the way the puppets walk really crappy, and all the action movie clichés, such as the hand-to-hand fighting in paris.

The songs were great, and i didn't think there were very many really.

I did prefer southpark B.L.U.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i don't think i've laughed as mich at a trailer as i did for the team america one, can't wait to see it :)

Advertisement