Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IFI january-february program

Options
  • 22-12-2004 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭

does anybody else think think its weird that im more excited about this right now than my IRIVER ? since i got both in the post today :D

anyway, after a dissapointing(imo) november-december in the IFI, the year starts off with a bang, with highlights that include:
    Aaltra(january 2-13), Vera Drake(january 7-27), 2046(january 14-february 3), a very long engagement(january 21-february 17), end of the century:the story of the ramones(january 28-february 10), head-on(february18-28) and the woodsman(from february 25).

as well as 2046 showing, there is also a wong kar-wai retrospective, including such works as chungking express, in the mood for love et al. a andrei tarkovsky retrospective as well as a continuation of fellini's from last month
    there is also an italian film course and a continuation of the southern comfort classsic film season.
    for fans of the return, koktobel(january2-13) looks to tread similiar ground

and the best news for last :D
    jameson dublin international film festival(february 11-20):
    again running in all 4 city centre cinemas, among the titles already confirmed for the festival include,
    Kinsey, featuring Liam neeson(and a strong oscar contender).
    the life aquatic with steve zissou, with bill murray.
    melinda and melinda, woody allen's hotly tipped new film featuring will ferrel, jonny lee miller and radha mitchell.
    the woodsman, featuring kevin bacon as a paedophile on supervised parole after serving 12 years in jail.
    maria full of grace, a drama about a young colombian woman smuggling narcotics secreted in her stomach in order to reach the US.
    among the new irish films showing at the festival, will be thw world premiere of trouble with sex, about a barman and lawyer tentatively getting involved with each other in present day dublin.
    the complete festival programme will be available from january 27th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yeah... it's a nice little line up. 2046 sounds very interesting.

And The Life Aquatic is a film I've been looking forward to for a long time now. I'm a big Wes Anderson fan... although I did find the Royal Tenembaums slightly disappointing.

His next project is a stop-motion animation adaption of The Fantastic Mr. Fox apparently...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,926 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yeah... it's a nice little line up. 2046 sounds very interesting.

Saw 2046 the other weekend. It looked interesting and it sounded interesting but god it was awful. Basically the trailer is the only interesting bit in the film, everything else is just one night stands told with really bad dialogue.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

any exciting entertaining cheery films at the ifi?

Advertisement