Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hellfire War Games (Carlow)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Special Ops Wargames

Hey guys I have a few photos from the day up on Flickr and maybe a video to follow later, Links Below

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52706663@N06/page1/

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭GoTac

Thanks paddy,

Work under way this week, car park extended, safe zone and crono area built, more permanent direction signs ordered.

What type of defensive positions would you like to see for the area coming from the woods to the open area (same style as bray or something different?)

Remember it's a site for you the players let us know what you want us to do with it to make it better for you all options considered:rolleyes:

Ratsquad wrote: »
    have to say the site was brill with a lot of scope to do as you would loike to make a great site with long range games or short base camp defense games.
    some absolutly brill natural features river is a great advantage for flanking not too deep even for me as i found out:rolleyes:, its also very clear to see where yer going.
    some nice wooded areas which bottleneck into an ideal ambush zone.
    which unfortunatly for attackers/patrol is difficult to divert from under fire.

would need a few more marshals to keep the games rolling as we found out on the reverse game. but i know the lads have that in hand.
    would suggest more cover for attackers at both base camps .
    all in all i had a brill day even with a poor turnout from my team.

the facilities where spot hot and cold drinks on hand hot food and snacks
    which was much appreciated, toilet and wash
    facilities were good.

indoor benches and a good loadout area was a good idea. although would suggest making a definitive area for safe zone and chronoing.

was a pleasure to play with TNT and against some very honest players
    that dont take themselves too seriously and know how to enjoy a game of airsoft.

was a bit difficult to find but worth it.
    cheers
    paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Ratsquad

somthing a bit more natural. i.e bunkers/sandbag positions/trenches/tree trunks/vehicals.
    aircraft fuselage for hijack rescues.
    cheers
    paddy

Ratsquad wrote: »
    somthing a bit more natural. i.e bunkers/sandbag positions/trenches/tree trunks/vehicals.
    aircraft fuselage for hijack rescues.
    cheers
    paddy

Bunkers, cars and shallow trenches on the way, aircraft fuselage we will have to see.

Site open this Saturday, we are closed on sunday to facilitate an annual motor bike race

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭OddysAirsoft

ok here's the first of the carlow vids

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

I said it all to the lads on Sunday nice site , Paths will come with use i wouldn't be cutting too much away, love the river really good part of the site nice cover in most of the areas there are a few choke points but they are easy to get around if you make your own path or use the river .

Add a few more Marshall's ( with radios & high vis vests ) and get the games running a bit more fluid there was allot of standing around at the safezone on sunday but it was the first day so i can understand this. Have a bit more bunkers + sandbag in the areas near the castle for defense , also maybe add a sandbag bunker along one of the paths to add some extra hardship for the attacking side

A Plane wreckage would be pretty cool and also lead to a few good games but hard to come by i reckon .

But all in all nice work lads .

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭McGilla

Good work Frank & Co, the site is looking class, plenty of hiding spots for Princess Butter Cup!

I'm only sick I missed it, but I'm back as of next week (Got a job again!),

I'm just wondering when the next attack is expected of the Carlow site?

Cheers

Robbie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

It cannot be..a site just half an hour from me...where have i been...oh yes the iranian border...i have no car so 3.5 hour walk is no problem...but im gonna go either wway...which also calls for drinks in my local in bagenalstown for the players and staff..

Sorry, had to do a little tweak to vid but its back up now......almost finished editing the next one...looking good

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭-=AIR=-

Expensive !!!!Open all what you have, then lads may do some strategy to attack or def, any way good look with that !!!

P.S No safety west's at all for marshals!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭cobra 08

-=AIR=- wrote: »
    Expensive !!!!Open all what you have, then lads may do some strategy to attack or def, any way good look with that !!!

P.S No safety west's at all for marshals!

?????? Its the standard price for a days gaming:confused:

Anyhow had great day Sunday. Its good site with great protential. Love the river got some good kills flanking in the river. Im sure the site will only get better once Frank & Co. get to work on it. doesnt need much as there is plenty of natural cover. Bit far for me but best of look lads:D

I think the price is great...look....airsoft is relatively cheap to play for a day...it's just the equipment that we keep buying that bumps up the price ;)

Anyhow here's my next vid...I like this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 nain

Does any one know when the next game is on??:confused:

next one up in a few min

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭GoTac II

nain wrote: »
    Does any one know when the next game is on??:confused:

We are gaming this weekend so book yourselves in :)

ok here it is a short one!

Our truck has arrived for the site:D

and the deal is done on this one should be with us in about 8 weeks:D:D

Games on this Sunday call 01-2745815 to book

• Advertisement

Ok the last (i think) of my carlow vids (maybe one more guncam ;) )

Thanks to all the players that came out yesterday and put up with the unreal heat for the day. I think big dave had the right idea ( up to his neck in the river) good man Dave.....:D

Ok just a quick update, main fort arena complete, hamberger hill completed, new defensive positions added when you come out of the woods, new structure added at bottom of hamberger hill, safe zone and crono area complete, 3000 more sand bags ordered, we have a lot more planed for the rest of the week and with 5 guys working flat out on site we should get a lot more done:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 GrimDelta

hey when are you playing again? i have a team ready to go ;) also where is exactly? we are based in bagenalstown

We play every sunday, and are just outside ballymurphy just past borris give Dave a call in the shop to book in on 0539126844. How many you got coming ?

between 2- 4 people all under eighteen how much is it?

Thanks,

Sean

Hi Sean, it's €25 per person for the day with your own gear. We have a shop on site for refreshments and hot food for lunch is €5 You will need a parent/gardian to sign the waiver forms for you all.

Looking forward to seeing you on the battel field....:D

ok, thanks very much, will hopefully be able to go :)

• Advertisement

GrimDelta wrote: »
    ok, thanks very much, will hopefully be able to go :)

Looking forward to it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement