Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone and Siro 360M just a scam ?

Options
  • 18-07-2016 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

I was gonna switch to Voda because of the whole 360M coming to us in Dundalk. But someone told me that unless I've a big database in the house and have the hardware to even handle such speeds I'm better off with up to 100mb. Apparently I'm told the average laptop can only handle 100m

To be honest I get 35M now and I never get any buffering or freezing when streaming Netflix, YouTube and iTunes.

I'm not too technical so I'm here to ask your advice. Is he talking rubbish? Can I really get 360m ? Does it really depend on the device your using and what it can run?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jamey_29

Just signed up to this package yesterday. I currently get 98mB/100mB from Eircom which I am very happy with except the price. It is true that if you only really use laptops or phones you will not see any major benefit but if you are a heavy user and use a wired network a lot like I do you can benefit from the upgrade. For me it is a significant cost saving too (over 200 euro over the 18 month contract). There is a 14 day cooling off period that kicks in so hopefully it all works out.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I was gonna switch to Voda because of the whole 360M coming to us in Dundalk. But someone told me that unless I've a big database in the house and have the hardware to even handle such speeds I'm better off with up to 100mb. Apparently I'm told the average laptop can only handle 100m

To be honest I get 35M now and I never get any buffering or freezing when streaming Netflix, YouTube and iTunes.

I'm not too technical so I'm here to ask your advice. Is he talking rubbish? Can I really get 360m ? Does it really depend on the device your using and what it can run?

What pc/laptop do you have at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

This is a dupe thread...

Advertisement