Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hacking a Router

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

It does exactly what it says on the tin. There are lots of alternative firmwares available for the Linksys WRT54G. Make sure your exact model is supported before you attempt anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

I'd only advise using a third party firmware if you are an experienced and competent user.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

I didn't need to do it in the end. I'm getting a signal over 15 metres, through three walls and a huge fireplace. Which was surprising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭OMcGovern

I upgraded my LinkSys router with that DD-WRT firmware, but for different reasons.

I wasn't getting great Bittorrent download speeds, and heard that there were specific problems with the LinkSys 54G.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=3458

So I bite the bullet, and upgraded the firmware.... after very, very careful reading of the instructions !

Didn't see much speed difference to be honest ( only on a 1Mb NTL package anyways ), but I haven't switched back to the old LinkSys firmware.

Seems stable and functional.... have be using it for about 6 months now.

regards,
    Owen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

Just read the manual fully once before strating.

Kinda wish i had first time but the funs in th ogh **** moments while it generates the keys at the end:).

But looks like you dont need to do it now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Johnny11

irlrobins wrote: »
    I'd only advise using a third party firmware if you are an experienced and competent user.

This

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Johnny11 wrote: »
    This

This is the second zombie thread you have resurrected - why???

If you want to discuss hacking routers - start a new thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Johnny11

MMFITWGDV wrote: »
    This is the second zombie thread you have resurrected - why???

If you want to discuss hacking routers - start a new thread.

New here sorry
    Won't happen again

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement