Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chromecast (or other options)

• 01-07-2015 9:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

I have a new TV with a USB port and I'm looking for something that will allow me to watch Netflix on it. Is Chromecast the best option or is there any other alternatives for watching it through the TV?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭RunDMC

I use a Chromecast to watch Netflix on a regular basis and I find it great, no issues. If you have a USB port you can use it to power the Chromecast, which connects to an HDMI port. I use a phone or tablet as a remote.

You could also use a Roku or Apple TV box, but the Chromecast is cheaper if you have a device to control it.

R

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Chromecast is very cheap, but flakey, with iOS anyway. I found myself having to restart the Netflix app on iOS sometimes if I wanted to pause or stop playback. That may not be the device's fault, could just as easily be the app.

Be aware that it's not suitable if you don't have a smartphone or tablet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Amazon fire stick is slightly dearer but you get a remote meaning you don't need another device in order to control it.

Never used either but have been looking and this feature is swaying me at the moment.

You can also sideload XMBC which again is a major advantage if your into that sort of area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Is there a subscription charge for the Amazon Fire?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Having an apple TV, Chromecast and an Android TV box with a 'magic want' type remote control I can honestly say the android device is by far the easiest and most' open' of the lot.

Chromecast needs a phone or tablet to operate.
    App TV is very restricted.
    ANdroid TV boxes have the play and you can use the amazon app store and many can be bought already rooted. they also can use Kodi youtube, games etc etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement