Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problems with horizon box

• 28-06-2015 7:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

Hi, we had the horizon upc box out in our house a few months ago. Since we have got it in, the broadband has been really poor! We can get the broadband ok if we are right beside the box, however anywhere else in the house and it works intermittently. I can't connect the ps4 in the I the room and the laptops upstairs keep dropping signal. Very frustrating. I reported it to upc they are sending engineer out tomorrow, but said if he finds no problem I've to pay €40!!

Has anyone any similar problems with horizon and the broadband? I had upc aswel before we upgraded to horizon and that was perfect all over the house but since the horizon it's been terrible!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

I'd be ready to stand your ground on that €40!!!!

Could come out and say signal is fine going into the box and you can pick up wifi in the room so all is fine. Sounds like its just the general crap wifi of upc nowadays. You can demand a seperate modem which "should" be better than the horizon box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Have you hooked a laptop up to the horizon box and doen a speedtest with a wired connection? If that's not ok then the engineer can do something, If its ok then there is next to nothing that can be done bar 'deconsolidate' your horizon box which is get a sepearte modem from UPS, Buy an access point off the interweb, ( can be got quite cheap) or buy a WIfi booster plug in thingy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Have you tried changing the wireless channel no by default its almist always set to ch1 which is useless this has been discussed in depth here countless times

http://support.upc.ie/app/answers/detail/a_id/628/~/changing-the-wireless-channel-on-the-horizon-tv-hd%2B-box

There is also a 5hz option which I think the ps4 would be compatible with which should be worth looking into

However most people have requested getting the wifi split by using a lan cable from the horizon box to a separate router.

Advertisement