Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Coax Connection after renovation

• 18-06-2015 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi All,

just got the house renovated and extended and builder added a TV/SAT socket in part of the new build. When I connect my DAB radio I get reception and successful tuning, but when I connect my tv or my UPC box via coax I get no signal at all, i know both work as they are fine when I connect them to the original UPC connection. Also I have tried both connections on the new socket.

Would the fact that I can get a DAB connection on the new socket mean its working and I would need a booster or amplifier?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

Do you have a DAB aerial fitted? (VHF band III, vertical polarisation.)

More than likely you don't, & the cables (either the flylead or in the wall) are acting as an aerial.

You'll have to find out if the cable(s) feeding the socket are actually connected to anything at the other end.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭cruibin

Thurston? wrote: »
    Do you have a DAB aerial fitted? (VHF band III, vertical polarisation.)

More than likely you don't, & the cables (either the flylead or in the wall) are acting as an aerial.

You'll have to find out if the cable(s) feeding the socket are actually connected to anything at the other end.

No Aerial fitted, so Ill assume the builders been lazy and not bothered to connect far end. Thanks for response.

Advertisement