Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The WZ111 mission thread

Options
  • 18-12-2014 8:07am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭

So I thought it would make sense to have a separate thread for the Christmas mission for people to give tips and to keep track on things.

For those not aware it's dealing 150k damage and get 150 kills per nation with the option to buy a token for €9.95 to skip a specification nation of choice (no limit on how many are skipped).

Personally I've decided to skip the Japanese tree; with only one tank and my general dislike for mediums it's simply not something I want to contemplate.

Anyway, a couple of days in and here's my standings:
    USSR - 55k - 28 kills
    Currently my main grind tree; currently using the Ob. 268 and IS-4 with the plan to shift to the SU-122-44 around 100k damage to the kills up. The 268 is the best alpha damage option available but it's still not high enough damage at times; IS-4 games either go brilliant (great sniper for those last hit kills) or horribly bad.

Germany - 50k - 33 kills
    Only doing daily doubles but between the E100, JagpzE100 and Waffenträger E100 it's raking in the damage. Normal games are at least 2.5k damage easily and the Waffenträger makes a great sniper to get the kills.

UK - 26k - 15 kills
    Only using the Tortie for daily doubles but liking how it is going to be honest. I do feel it risk getting grindy down the line but the Tortie has a good gun, high rof to help with those snipes etc.

China - 12.5k - 8 kills
    Another tree I foresee many having problems with. Currently using my two tier 8s only and doing daily double but I can see this being probably the tree which I'll need to spend most time on. I may end up breaking out the Type 59 in the end as well.

France - 15k - 7 kills
    Only done daily doubles with arty on this one so from that perspective I'm quite happy. With the 50B and Batchat to help snipe and dish out damage even in poor games I'm not overly concerned.

USA - 22k - 16 kills
    Only doing my daily doubles on my three tiers 8s (T28, T28 Prot. and T34) but once again I'm not overly concerned with the T34 to help do the damage & kills once the time comes around to grind the tree.

As seen across the board my main issue is going to be vehicles kills; this is also driven by the fact I don't tend to drive mediums or like to hump bushes in my TD play. I'm consciously starting to hold back shots now simply to ensure I'm more likely to get that last shot in rather then pumping out maximum DPS.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I doubt I will achieve this.
    I was looking forward to the leaked T34-85BM reward......grineded up to Tier 6 in Chinese and Japanese in preparation. However the WZ-111 doesn't attract me too much. However with the Xmas festivities I doubt I will get very much tanking in over the next 7-10 days. I think this will cripple my chances of completing it (even with skipping the Japanese portion, also only have 1 Jap Tier 6,and that's just above stock)
    But I will do my best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I've decided to give it a miss. I was playing just tier Xs for the last couple of days and doing alright but I can't guarantee I'll play enough to complete the mission. I will probably complete two or three nations for the Premium rewards.

Regarding the tokens, I don't want to buy any. The more people that buy them the more likely that future missions will be extra difficult to complete so more tokens will be sold. Also, from a practical point of view I still have a nice bit of gold sitting in my account without the need to spend more.

I've decided it would be better for me to focus on buying new vehicles/equipment at the discounts and perhaps buying FCM 50t as a Christmas present.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Aenaes wrote: »
    I've decided to give it a miss. I was playing just tier Xs for the last couple of days and doing alright but I can't guarantee I'll play enough to complete the mission. I will probably complete two or three nations for the Premium rewards.

Regarding the tokens, I don't want to buy any. The more people that buy them the more likely that future missions will be extra difficult to complete so more tokens will be sold. Also, from a practical point of view I still have a nice bit of gold sitting in my account without the need to spend more.

I've decided it would be better for me to focus on buying new vehicles/equipment at the discounts and perhaps buying FCM 50t as a Christmas present.
    I've stocked up gold to use the 35exp / 1 gold conversion; I have something like 600k exp in module requirements on my new tanks and then I want to start up the new TD tree so I'm looking at around a million free exp as required...

To be honest I'd not even try this mission if I could not buy a token for Japan; 150k damage with a tier 7 Japanse medium? Not going to happen...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Highest I have in some countries is only a Tier 6, I'm going to try and complete this mission but not sure if I will be able to.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,090 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Unlike past grinds where I have good games and lose, this time I have crap games (0 dmg level stuff) and then win instead.

Still I'm 5% done after a few small sessions.

• Advertisement

I've decided to give it a miss.......

Regarding the tokens, I don't want to buy any. The more people that buy them the more likely that future missions will be extra difficult to complete so more tokens will be sold........
    I would agree. WG could be looking at this in 2 ways.....are people willing to pay for shortcuts and which shortcuts are most paid for...as in which nation is least popular?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Tenger wrote: »
    I would agree. WG could be looking at this in 2 ways.....are people willing to pay for shortcuts and which shortcuts are most paid for...as in which nation is least popular?
    It's well known Japanese followed by Chinese are the least popular once; been the same for a year to be honest (before Japanese tree release it was Chinese that was the least popular) and neither tree is getting any new tanks in 2015 either and at least one European tree (Czech by the looks of it) will be implemented instead tells volume (Chinese tree was only implemented because of WoT's implementation in China in the first place after all). Of course the fact both trees have a) no special tanks and b) poor guns (lower pen) c) are not WW2 material of any note and d) are not used in CW does not exactly help their popularity either...

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭VikingG

I was quite disappointed in the change in the mission from what was leaked... I got a Tier 6 chinese and japanese tank ready....but there is no way to deal that amount of damage in a Tier 6 without cutting ties with my family over Christmas....
    I plan to finish 2 nations US and USSR for the 6 days premium and be happy with that...

Annd..... Russian mission done.

Bloody hell......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

French - only have batchat.
    Japanese - Nothing
    British - Nothing worth mentioning

fooked if im paying 30e in tokens AND grinding the rest for a 40e tank.

just gonna enjoy the xmas breaks and not worry about grinding.

Completed USSR earlier today; those kills were a royal pain... Focusing on Germany now and it's going a lot faster between the Waffenträgger and JagpzE100 (harder to steal my kills!)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,090 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've a bit more than a third done now. It's not evenly spread, the UK is 2/3s done since I have two tier 10s and a tier 9 (the Tortoise), but by comparison Japan is barely at 15% since I've only the STA-1. It must be a miserable experience doing Japan with anything less. So I'm still on course to complete this, but the weekends and days off may need some serious grinding to be done.

I've got USSR, USA and Germany done, UK I'm 9 kills away so will complete today. France is currently 64/150 and China is 41/150 (I bought the Japanese token on day 1; not even going to try that one!) so I'm on track. Depending on how China go I may end up buying the token but I'll wait and see.

I suspect WG will make a fair bit of money from giving away something free.

Spear wrote: »
    All I see is a discounted tier 8 premium tank :) The level of discount is up to each buyer :P

And as pointed out previously the buying of tokens to skip the grind sets a precedent.

I've slowed the pace down. France about 3 kills off now with the rest of the nations trailing at about 50 kills each and about 60k damage. Soooo far away.

good video from quickybaby saying the grind wasnt worth it unless you could comfortably unlock 5 or 6 of the nations.

grindfest = bad.

wg are trying their hardest to whale harpoon, with the selling of tokens and the announcement of the e25 removal.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    good video from quickybaby saying the grind wasnt worth it unless you could comfortably unlock 5 or 6 of the nations.

grindfest = bad.

wg are trying their hardest to whale harpoon, with the selling of tokens and the announcement of the e25 removal.
    Nothing new there; personally I'm about to wrap up France (35 kills to go doing about 1.5 per match average) leaving me with China to go (42 kills done). Having only bought 1 nation (Japan) and using this as a grind opportunity (i.e. I'm using the tanks I'm leveling up to do the missions when possible netting me 3 more tier 9s) I'll net a crew trainer for Chinese heavy (which I'll put to use directly as my tier 8 crew need to move into the tier 9 tank).

What I don't see would be why someone would spend 50+ EUR simply to get a tier 8 premium though (unless they are a collector); other T8s are better cash grinders after all.

As a side note here's my list of tanks I found useful for the mission:
    USA - T28 & T28 Prototype, T54E1 (grind tanks)
    USSR - SU100, SU-122-44. Obj. 268
    Germany - Waffenträgger E100, Jagpdz. E100
    France - Batchat Arty, Batchat medium
    China - 110, Type 59
    UK - FV215b 185, Churchill VII (very much hit and miss depending on what tier game you get into)

• Advertisement

So, it's the last day for the mission. Is anyone going to complete it today?

I've done three of the easiest nations, USA, USSR and Germany just to pick up the days of Premium Account.

I did 5 of the missions, and had China and Japan left. While I could have made the damage, the kills were just to slow to pick up in time. So I folded and bought the tokens.

I did 5 of the missions, and had China and Japan left. While I could have made the damage, the kills were just to slow to pick up in time. So I folded and bought the tokens.

Just under 12 hours for me to complete
    Japan, China and the UK.

UK - 67k damage and 98 kills so far
    China - 117k damage and 122 kills so far
    Japan 94k Damage and 104 kills so far.... I may have to fold and buy the tokens.... :(

It's probably worth maximum of two tokens. I wouldn't be surprised to see the WZ-111 available to buy for €20-30.

I ended up buying Chinese token as well; I was simply getting to annoyed with it and for 10 EUR (Japan was bought day 1) I decided it was not worth the rage (I wanted it to train up my heavy crew as I moved up each tier) and picked it up beginning of January as the last token required. Currently 19k damage and 55 kills away so would have been doable but I prefer peace of mind.

It's probably worth maximum of two tokens. I wouldn't be surprised to see the WZ-111 available to buy for €20-30.

My thoughts too. I knew I would have to buy the Chinese/Japanese tokens. Didn't expect to be anywhere near the requirements as I wasn't even playing over 10-12 days over Xmas
    I only managed the US, German and Russian parts. Doing crap in my (only) Tier 6 French tank and too far away in the UK line.

completed ussr, germany and us from normal gameplay.

got about 60% on french and about 40% on chinese.

got my few days premium so happy enough.

Advertisement