Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 MOD POST #1130

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

hmmmmm

the list narrow....

Ajax boss Frank de Boer has ruled himself out of the running to take over as Liverpool manager, insisting he wants to stay in Amsterdam.

De Boer has been linked with the vacant Anfield job following Kenny Dalglish's sacking last week after a disappointing season culminated in the Reds' worst league finish for 18 years.

But the 42-year-old Dutchman, who has guided Ajax to back-to-back Eredivisie titles, says he still has unfinished business in Amsterdam after taking over as coach in 2010.

"I am honoured by the request, but I am only just getting started with Ajax," De Boer told De Telegraaf.

"In Amsterdam we are on a new path and, along with the club and Wim Jonk and Dennis Bergkamp, my colleagues in the technical heart, I want to bring good things.

"That's why I will stay loyal to Ajax in the coming years."

De Boer's snub comes after Swansea manager Brendan Rodgers also turned down an approach from Liverpool last week.

The Reds are thought to have several other candidates on their radar, including former Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas and Wigan manager Roberto Martinez.

1st post...im honoured:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

4th yeeee haaaa

CL here I come

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Leiva wrote: »
    4th yeeee haaaa

CL here I come

Ah crap...

Thursday nights on ITV 4 for me !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,734 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

New thread.
    New manager...
    New DOF....
    New players....

Our year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭klose

The old thread should make for good reading in the future, lotta sheeeet went down there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Most important summer for LFC since the start of the Premier League?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,652 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

NukaCola wrote: »
    Most important summer for LFC since the start of the Premier League last summer?

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Everything will be grand next season, let's just think positive...am saying that for decades...would everybody in Liverpool FC please listen to me? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

NukaCola wrote: »
    Most important summer for LFC since the start of the Premier League?

Certainly will be one of the most interesting!

• Advertisement

its really looking like AVB at this stage.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Summertime? Its always (nuclear) winter in here!

So to rumour recap , Big Sam wants Joe Cole apparently, and Torres wants a more football or to leave Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

I fully expect a quiet summer regarding Liverpool,no bad buys,new manager in place by the end of the week and Messi to sign for us on a free transfer ;)

and i forgot ....NEXT YEAR IS OUR YEAR!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

4th yeeee haaaa

CL here I come

Nyeh....cups are where it's at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

The summertime thread has brought us some sunshine...could this be a sign of a bright summer ahead for LFC ;)

who's gonna start the first argument?

Net Rafa? Zonal Barry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

4th yeeee haaaa

CL here I come

'Arry has been on, he has some bad news......

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has played down speculation linking him with a move to Spain during this summer's transfer window.

The Uruguay international has been tipped for a summer exit after a turbulent season at Anfield, during which he was at the centre of a controversial race row with Patrice Evra.
    The departure of Reds boss Kenny Dalglish, who signed the 25-year-old from Ajax, has only served to fuel such rumours, with Barcelona and Real Madrid thought to be interested.

Suarez has previously admitted he is keen to play in the Primera Liga at some stage in his career but the frontman, who arrived on Merseyside in January 2011, has dismissed talk linking him with a Barca or Real move this summer.

He told the Liverpool Echo: "Being honest, I have never talked to anyone from Barca or Real Madrid.

"If the rumours are to be believed I would have already played for 20 teams."

Positives

The Reds suffered their worst league finish in 18 years this season but the striker insists their Carling Cup success and progression to the FA Cup final means they can take positives from the campaign.

"Liverpool have had a good season and we got to two cup finals," he added.

"In the Premier League we did not finish as high as expected, but positive things have been taken."

Suarez has expressed his gratitude for the support shown to him by Liverpool since his arrival at the club.

He added: "Liverpool is a 10/10 club for the support they give the players. I am very grateful to the club for giving me the opportunity to play in the Premiership."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

dobsdave wrote: »
    'Arry has been on, he has some bad news......

You missed a perfect Geoff Shreeves opportunity, for shame.

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

GK: Reina (Doni)
    LB: Jose Enrique (new signing)
    CB: Agger (Coates)
    CB: Skrtel (Carragher)
    RB: Johnson (Kelly)
    CM: Gerrard (Adam)
    CM: Lucas (Spearing)
    CM: Henderson (Shelvey)
    LW: Suarez (Bellamy)
    CF: Carroll (New signing)
    RW: New signing (Downing)

The core group of players have to stay, I would not mind at all if we spunked the entire transfer budget on one truly decent young winger/attacker. We have too many attackers who are starting to come to the end of their careers (Kuyt, Maxi, Bellamy, Cole) and desperately need an injection of youth there.

Any idea what will happen to some of our fringe players? Is there any chance for Aquaman? I assume Maxi will be moved on, as will Cole. We had great hopes for Pacheco, how has he done in La Liga?

If AVB takes over (which I think he will) what do you think his chances of bringing in some players based on his reputation? Certainly I think he could attract better players than the likes of Martinez. Perhaps a Moutinho or the likes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

The core group of players have to stay, I would not mind at all if we spunked the entire transfer budget on one truly decent young winger/attacker. We have too many attackers who are starting to come to the end of their careers (Kuyt, Maxi, Bellamy, Cole) and desperately need an injection of youth there.

Any idea what will happen to some of our fringe players? Is there any chance for Aquaman? I assume Maxi will be moved on, as will Cole. We had great hopes for Pacheco, how has he done in La Liga?

We desperately need a new midfielder and striker. I think a midfielder is the most important myself. Either way we should have enough to fill both needs, anything after that will be a bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

aaronh007 wrote: »
    You missed a perfect Geoff Shreeves opportunity, for shame.

:p

I was going to, but didnt have the heart.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i want the right appointment.

but it needs to be soon.

we need re-inforcements, and i don't think i could stomach us paying over the odds again - this time after the Euros.

AVB or Rafa.

bring it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

gafferino wrote: »
    who's gonna start the first argument?

Yore Ma!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

First 2 out the door...need a quality backup player for Lucas - who can also play alongside him. Then get in a winger and striker

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I think I must be in the minority in wanting Spearing to stay.

He shouldn't play nearly the amount of games as he did last season, but to have him in the Carling Cup, perhaps some Europa League games and as a general backup I think he should stay.

Our squad is going to be further stretched being in Europe next year and the likes of Spearing will be needed. He's a very low cost player as I'd imagine his wages are very low and he wouldn't fetch more than a couple of million or so.

Unless we can get in a free transfer on similar or lower wages then I think we should hang on to him. He'll be useful and is a decent squad player to have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

CM: (new signing)(Gerrard),(Adam)
    CM: Lucas (new signing),(Spearing)