Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The new Focus

Options
  • 18-04-2011 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭

I might be wrong but i was driving past the ford dealership in navan and i seen the new focus sitting outside, and i thought to myself... it looks alot like a Kia C'eed...

anyone else think this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭12 element

155812.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

12 element wrote: »
    car_photo_304865_25.jpg

If you're trying to make a point you could at least drag up an accurate, realistic pic of the new Focus rather than an old AutoExpress photoshop rendering:rolleyes:...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

pburns wrote: »
    If you're trying to make a point you could at least drag up an accurate, realistic pic of the new Focus rather than an old AutoExpress photoshop rendering:rolleyes:...

?
    photo0003o.jpg

photo0006ij.jpg

photo0005.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭12 element

pburns wrote: »

Sure I was only trying to add a bit of content to the thread. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

• Advertisement

Just saw an add for the new Focus, it's almost like they did their best not to show the car, close ups on panels and rear spoiler with drops of water piddling about but not much view of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭C4Kid

RoverJames wrote: »
    Just saw an add for the new Focus, it's almost like they did their best not to show the car, close ups on panels and rear spoiler with drops of water piddling about but not much view of the car.

Too interested in showing off it's self stopping technology instead of how it looks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

Mark 1: A design revolution. A good looking car which today still doesn't look dated

Mark 2: A nice design progression from the Mark 1. The midlife touch up did a lot for it.

Mark 3: They grabbed a Fiesta, made it bigger by 25% in photoshop and decided they'd have to make it look different (or fuglier) so it wouldn't look identical to the fiesta.

What an absolute mess Ford have made of this car.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

As Jeremy Clarkson put it, its some car...

That's what it is now. Its some 'car' for people who want a 'car'...

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭C4Kid

What an absolute mess Ford have made of this car.

Couldn't agree more:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Pics really dont do it justice - in the flesh its a lot lot nicer tbh. And sitting in the driving seat - its a big improvement on the Mk2

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

The front is nice the rear is poo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭DoubleBogey

Lol surely it's the Kia that looks a lot like the focus?

Mk3 is being sold internationally, so they've had to cater for us/Asia tastes. Personally I think it's nicer than the mk2. Mk2 was also criticized on looks at the time and I remember fords response that it takes 3 years for a new design to become normal looking. I guess it's the price to pay when you set the trends rather than following them. The likes of the Kia ceed become dated looking very quickly, while the focus mk2 is improving with age.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Expected more from the design, wonder how many people will spring for the automatic parking feature? Would love to put it to the test and see how good it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVDfY0Ir6Zg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

And sitting in the driving seat - its a big improvement on the Mk2

Don't be complicating things by bringing driving into it, it's a car after all.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'm considering ordering one. A 1.6TDCI 115bhp 5 door Zetec with bluetooth as an extra.

Watch this space :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jamiecall

Pictures do it a small bit of justice i think. Looks disgusting in the flesh.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

pippip wrote: »
    Expected more from the design, wonder how many people will spring for the automatic parking feature? Would love to put it to the test and see how good it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVDfY0Ir6Zg

And if it fails you will have taken the side of a car, the back of another car and the front of another! :D

It could be some crack when it fails! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I'm considering ordering one. A 1.6TDCI 115bhp 5 door Zetec with bluetooth as an extra.

Watch this space :D

Would it not be worth going for titanium?

Advertisement