Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BANGERNOMICS CAR OF THE WEEK/DAY

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

It'll be a sad day when they replace the tax bands CC and Co2 with kilowatt power to the wheels!

anyway there might be a need for a wankel thread if we don't get a few bangers posted here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Vauxhall Zafira, a bit grim but its 2004 with NCT to Feb 2016. 890 euro

43695742.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Anyone brave enough ?

Doesnt belong here - according to NCT they havent seen it since 2012....

To the Fixerupper thread I think. And yes, I would be brave enough - it looks nice. But knock about 300 of the asking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Would dermot wallace knock it out without an nct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,464 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You would

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I wouldn't have thought so. Seems a little cheap for him too..........

Doesnt belong here - according to NCT they havent seen it since 2012....

To the Fixerupper thread I think. And yes, I would be brave enough - it looks nice. But knock about 300 of the asking

My bad, I'm looking to buy something at the moment and my eyes are gone square from looking at the laptop. I just know if I go and buy something something nicer will appear :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Folks, any POV on the Rx8's?

• Advertisement

My bad, I'm looking to buy something at the moment and my eyes are gone square from looking at the laptop. I just know if I go and buy something something nicer will appear :rolleyes:

Ha, I know the feeling. But the beauty of bangernomics is that you are not tied to anything long term. If you make sure that what you buy is presentable, you should always be able to punt it along fairly quick if you find something nicer.

If you go for a grim looking shed, then you are better off running it until it dies. Either way, it beats buying a new car on PCP and being stuck with it for 3 years.

Ha, I know the feeling. But the beauty of bangernomics is that you are not tied to anything long term. If you make sure that what you buy is presentable, you should always be able to punt it along fairly quick if you find something nicer.

If you go for a grim looking shed, then you are better off running it until it dies. Either way, it beats buying a new car on PCP and being stuck with it for 3 years.

Tell me about it, I drove to Newbridge yesterday to look at a "stunning" 2001 Accord which turned out to be less than that. Some fella's are a bit OTT with their terms, Mint, Stunning, Immaculate, Pristine blah blah blah :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,841 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

80s Child wrote: »
    Folks, any POV on the Rx8's?

Thinking the same. . . .

If the claims in the ad check out, then this is worth a punt....

2001 Alfa with NCT till March 2016 for 650 euro

43722794.jpeg

And if you thought Alfas werent up to high mileage use....

2005 1.6 with 235k kms (or miles?)and brand new NCT for 1400 euro

43420262.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,823 ✭✭✭✭bear1

KM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

the design of the alfas is enduring well i must say

Nice '80s retronomics Nissan Sunny. Looks tidy and comes with years NCT.

No reason why this wont go on for another 10 years with usual care & feeding.

43735854.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

Full disclosure, selling on behalf of a family member and have priced to be off my driveway fairly sharpish.
    Good value little Mitsi that has always been well kept.
    As a longtime bangernomics lurker, I'd be happy to deal with a fellow boardsie. The last motor I mentioned on here was gone within a few hours.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mitsubishi-colt-650-ono-tax-and-nct/9846940

43748211.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

Full disclosure, selling on behalf of a family member and have priced to be off my driveway fairly sharpish.
    Good value little Mitsi that has always been well kept.
    As a longtime bangernomics lurker, I'd be happy to deal with a fellow boardsie. The last motor I mentioned on here was gone within a few hours.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mitsubishi-colt-650-ono-tax-and-nct/9846940

43748211.jpeg

Best of luck with the sale. Always liked those Colts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

If I had the money I'd snap that up for my girlfriend.
    She'll be learning to drive now and that'd be perfect.

I had promised her my old Almera but I eh... Wrote that off. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

That's a very fresh colt.. But no n.c.t?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

job seeker wrote: »
    That's a very fresh colt.. But no n.c.t?

nct up at end of month

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

nct up at end of month

Booked it in for NCT, but dates are two months off at the minute. In fairness, I don't think it would increase the value much for spending 55 euro on a test. It's in pushbike territory, pricewise as it is. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I don't think it would increase the value much

It would greatly improve the saleability of the car.

Those Colts aren't an easy sell and have been as desirable as the clap for a good few years now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭gsi300024v

Why are these colts not an easy sell?
    Are they not like a corolla, reliable? Cheap to run?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

gsi300024v wrote: »

I actually think they look a hell of a lot better then the new ones.

It will sell at the right price and be perfect especially for a newbie.

Suggest in the ad to bring a mechanic along for any inspection also say nct is booked but waiting on cancellation.

I could see that car getting slammed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Nice '80s retronomics Nissan Sunny. Looks tidy and comes with years NCT.

No reason why this wont go on for another 10 years with usual care & feeding.

43735854.jpeg

They even looked out of date back then, looking very similar to the older Corolla (83-87).
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/spotting-hobbies-other-stuff/53987-spotted-1984-86-corolla-uk-2

Those Sunnys became very popular on my road for some reason back in the early 90's. About 6 out of 14 houses had one including us. Our one was passed on to a few family members and was promised to me when I turned 17. It was robbed and burnt out before then though :( Thinking back, my dads one was used as my cousins wedding car in 1995 :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

Those Sunnys really are cock-roaches, nothing kills them, except for rot afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

LETS OFF ROAD ...... kinda :-)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/9842753

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

LETS OFF ROAD ...... kinda :-)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/9842753

That's suspicious cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Just on the civic, they're 123bhp SOHC, 10.9 0-60
    It's enough money when you take that into account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

bear1 wrote: »
    That's suspicious cheap

Maybe not? Sold already it seems... didn't get a chance to see it.

When I was shopping for an estate I was looking for one of those. Apart from being quite bad on fuel I couldn't find a decent one under 2.5k. Maybe that was just an honest bargain

Very elegant looking face-lifted 166, 2005 with a years NCT for 1950

Leather too...:) Its probably stretching the spirit of bangernomics, but the 2.0 isnt that much more to run over a standard family runabout.

43569530.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Just on the civic, they're 123bhp SOHC, 10.9 0-60
    It's enough money when you take that into account

I still think it is expensive for what it is. It is a far from performance figures anyway. It may have the famous vtec but it ain't no type r vtec.

• Advertisement

I still think it is expensive for what it is. It is a far from performance figures anyway. It may have the famous vtec but it ain't no type r vtec.

Those Civic wagons are very rare, it looks pretty clean and it just passed NCT. I wouldn't say it's expensive, but it if you can knock a couple hundred off, it would be a great deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

GvidoR wrote: »
    Those Civic wagons are very rare, it looks pretty clean and it just passed NCT. I wouldn't say it's expensive, but it if you can knock a couple hundred off, it would be a great deal.

Looks like a bit of a dog to me. Suspension has been messed with, oversized wheels and loud exhaust fitted. Looks like it has fallen into the wrong hands. You are right though the aerodeck is rare here, but not so rare in the UK.

Most, if not all the ones here have been imported from there. The price is expensive for that one imo. You can get a decent 5 door hatchback version for around €750. I've seen better examples of aerodecks struggling to make less than the asking for that aerodeck. I'd say closer to the grand mark would be enough fot that example, maybe even slightly south of it tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

gsi300024v wrote: »

A corolla is a good bit better in most departments. The colt is ok in terms of reliability they're just not that well screwed together and they have a feeling of being built to a budget. They don't age well they have weak body panels that are easily dented/damaged, poor rust protection and in general the quality of build is well below that of Toyota or honda standards of the time.

The 1.3 engine is also dated and was dated even when that model colt was launched. The lancer (which is essentially a saloon version of the colt) didn't fair to well in the euro ncap either.

Still if a good one can be got cheap it could make good bangernomics. Getting a good one can prove difficult though due to the above. Lots of tired examples out there today with either poor bodywork or a rusted chassis, or both. The one posted here looks clean though. If it checks out I'm sure it will make a good bangernomics car for someone. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Another damaged Civic :(.

That's what I said?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Very elegant looking face-lifted 166, 2005 with a years NCT for 1950

Leather too...:) Its probably stretching the spirit of bangernomics, but the 2.0 isnt that much more to run over a standard family runabout.
    That is a lovely one! However I think the earlier face looks a little bit better on that model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/renault-19/8956005?offset=23
    39333323.jpeg

Ph1 19 with a years test, tax and lots of work done/ new parts.

The hygiene levels in my pants have been significantly lowered

That's a clean 19

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That's a clean 19
    I've seen it at shows and I strongly disagree.

It's got bubbling in a good few places and a very badly resprayed boot. It's well polished however

Seweryn wrote: »
    Another damaged Civic :(.

Just because it's lowered, it's damaged? :rolleyes:

ba_barabus wrote: »
    I've seen it at shows and I strongly disagree.

It's got bubbling in a good few places and a very badly resprayed boot. It's well polished however

Looks good in the pics. Pity.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement