Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Channel 4 TV Reception

Options
  • 22-06-2015 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I am using the old NTL cable and reception is perfect on all channels which are available on this cable with the Exception of the reception on Channel 4 which is terrible. Is there any reason for this as the signal comes through the same cable as the other "perfect" TV channels.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from Forum Requests

Are you in Dublin? If so, Saorview mux 1 from Three Rock is interfering with the signal. Check your connections for any breaks or splits that might be letting the Saorview signal in. Usually BBC 2 gets affected from DAB also.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 2judge

Yes, i am in Dublin. BBC2 reception is also terrible whereas UTV, BBC 1 Setanta, Sky 1, MTV etc. etc. are all great. Why is that C4 plus BBC2 are the only ones whose reception is affected.

RTÉ's DAB radio multiplex transmits on a similar frequency to the BBC 2 signal. Saorview multiplex 1 transmits on the same frequency as Channel 4. So there must be some break or leakage in the cabling somewhere that is allowing these signals to get in and cause interference.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

moved to cable

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I'm using the same cable and C4 and E4 have just gone blank this evening. Anyone else experiencing this issue now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Yes, ours has done the same, just black.

Back today thankfully. Hopefully no more problems!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭franer1970

My Channel 4 and E4 off since Tuesday (UPC analogue cable in Dublin), just blank black screens for both. When working the Channel 4 picture is always terrible, while E4 is perfect, as is everything else except BBC2.

I wasn't at home during the week so I don't know if they were gone then. They were working fine yesterday but they are gone again today. Strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jumbo

Having a similar issue, if it doesn't come back I'll have a go at retuning.

They might just be gone though, I've noted Channel 4 becoming a bit more territorial with their 4od/all4 online service so it could be something similar in the analogue domain …

Note that this is a different issue to OP

Gone again this evening but had been fine since last Thursday. I saw some others were having issues with Sky News recently too. That hasn't affected us but strange there's a few different problems ongoing. Getting very irritating!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jumbo

Looks like it's back!

Yes it was back not long after my last post. It seems to be coming and going regularly. I see people are discussing it with UPC on twitter so they know about it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Ch4/E4 down for me atm, anyone else?

Reception fine when its working, but it has now dropped multiple times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

Had a similar problem with BBC2 and C4. UPC replaced the downlead which seems to have helped to keep the stray signals out.

Advertisement