Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swap multiroom non-HD to HD - one-off charge?

Options
  • 02-06-2015 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,355 ✭✭✭✭

I notice on the UPC website that a multiroom box costs €11 p.m. whether it's non-HD or HD.

I have one of the old silver Pace boxes in the bedroom, it's costing me €11 p.m. and the picture quality isn't great, probably because I have a Horizon (HD) box downstairs so it looks poor in comparison. I'd like to replace it with a HD (also non-recording) box. To check that this was a runner, I brought the Horizon box up from downstairs, hooked it up and the picture quality is infinitely better.

There would be no cabling required and I'm technical enough to do a self-install. Does anyone know if there's a once-off charge for this swap?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

coylemj wrote: »
    I notice on the UPC website that a multiroom box costs €11 p.m. whether it's non-HD or HD.

I have one of the old silver Pace boxes in the bedroom, it's costing me €11 p.m. and the picture quality isn't great, probably because I have a Horizon (HD) box downstairs so it looks poor in comparison. I'd like to replace it with a HD (also non-recording) box. To check that this was a runner, I brought the Horizon box up from downstairs, hooked it up and the picture quality is infinitely better.

There would be no cabling required and I'm technical enough to do a self-install. Does anyone know if there's a once-off charge for this swap?

If the Pace box is still working i think there would be about a €40 charge to upgrade the box. If the hardware was faulty it would be replaced free and without starting a new contract. Adding the box would start a new 12 month contract by the way.

Advertisement