Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'In Treatment' (starring Gabriel Byrne) starts in US tonight..

• 28-01-2008 2:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,034 ✭✭✭✭

Ain't It Cool News reports on it today.. reviews are a bit all over the place (New York Times and Los Angeles Times give it great reviews though).

It's shown 5 days a week (Monday - Friday) for 4 weeks up until the end of February. Has a great supporting cast including Josh Charles, Embeth Davidtz, Dianne Wiest, Michelle Forbes and Melissa George.

I think it sounds great to be honest but only time will tell.. and with the lack of new TV from the States, you've no alternative but to watch SO THERE!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

gabriel Byrne never has any luck with US TV shows, hopefully this will change that trend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,034 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Bump for this!

Anyone watch this? Didn't do very well in the US (with viewers but got good reviews from critics) but apparently it's been renewed for a second season.

Sounds somewhat interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Zombie thread..... Reported.
    Wait until the mod gets hold of you.

Oh wait.....

8.9/10 (IMDB) and 8.8/10 (TV.com) means this might be worth checking out.
    Never heard of it before, to be honest.

Yeah, I've been thinking of getting it but the first season is 43 episodes long! :eek: :D

.. so it'd want to be very good to hold my attention span for that many episodes.

Might give it a look though alright.

I watched season one in it's entirety and really liked it. It's a great premise and the acting is superb on all fronts. The lack of any real action puts a lot of people off but the writing is excellant and kept my attention for the entire season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

I`ve seen around 5 episodes of this,watched them a few months ago and they were really excellent. 3 - 4 people in every episode so the acting has to be good for it to stand up and thankfully it is.

Cheers lads.. will give this a shot so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

well seems he has had success with this, did anyone hear him being interviewed by eamon dunphy, i came away with different impression of him, i thought he might been grounded jobbing actor. I guess he mostly is that way, he talked about his difficult school years, but he talked about indugle into the trashy paycheck hollywood roles and LA lifestyle cos he wanted to see what it was like and he loved it and it not negative at all, but then he started saying how he had this idea of rerecording Imagine with kids affected by 9/111 so he rings up yoko, he started sounding like bono and indeed played miss sarajavo as one of his song choices.

sound leek bono, never a good thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ninaford

he certainly has come along way from his days in the riordans....but he seems to have done well for himself in hollywood!theres a doccumentary on tv3 about him tonight..should be intresting!i really liked him in iinto the west...reminds me of my childhood!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

any news when this will be shown on Irish or UK channels?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Just started watching this. Really enjoying it after five episodes and was amazed I didn't recognise Angel from Home and Away :D

Just started watching this. Really enjoying it after five episodes and was amazed I didn't recognise Angel from Home and Away :D
    Really? Melissa George been in tons of stuff since leaving 'Home & Away'.

She had quite a prominent role in a few episodes of 'Alias', had starring roles in films such as '30 Days of Night', 'Derailed' and 'The Amityville Horror' (remake). She currently has a recurring role in "Grey's Anatomy".

Without a doubt the most successful of the cast who left 'Home & Away'.

basquille wrote: »
    Really? Melissa George been in tons of stuff since leaving 'Home & Away'.

She had quite a prominent role in a few episodes of 'Alias', had starring roles in films such as '30 Days of Night', 'Derailed' and 'The Amityville Horror' (remake). She currently has a recurring role in "Grey's Anatomy".

Without a doubt the most successful of the cast who left 'Home & Away'.

Yeah, I recognised her in alias, but didn't make the connection in In Treatment. I possibly erased her from my memory along with the rest of the Grey's Anatomy cast.

I'd challenge your assertion though; Guy Pearce (and arguably Julian McMahon) has had a more successful career. Some might even say Dannii Minogue, but I wouldn't agree.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'd challenge your assertion though; Guy Pearce (and arguably Julian McMahon) has had a more successful career. Some might even say Dannii Minogue, but I wouldn't agree.
    Well Guy Pearce was "Neighbours" more than H&A (only in it for a short time). But I'd agree Julian McMahon has done well from it and there's also Ryan Kwanten who played Vinnie Patterson and has a big role in "True Blood".

Or there's Simon Baker, who had a number of episodes of H&A and has found a fair amount of success in the States, not least in one of its newest and biggest shows "The Mentalist".

And from "Neighbours" we have Guy Pearce, Kylie (but no longer Jason), Jesse Spencer in "House" formerly little Billy Kennedy, and a little known actor called Russell Crowe.

Ah all those stars went on to do bigger times but never better - you just can't beat those Aussie soaps..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,511 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I've watched a few discs of the first series and I'm sort of on the fence about it. On the one hand, it can be quite intimate and intense (I know intense is probably an overused word in TV-land), it shows how manipulative and pushy some clients can be. On the other, I can't help but feel it's a bit sanitised and that maybe the set up comes a little too easily, or at least the pool of clients. I'm also not terribly fond of the sessions where Paul (Gabriel Byrne) meets with his supervisor, played by Dianne Wiest. Still, Paul is a really good active listener.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

HBO has cancelled it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Not cancelled per se, just not returning in it's current format. I liked the series, but wasn't a fan of the patient per episode format.

I loved the first series, the second a little less but the third one is just incredibly boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,518 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,511 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Zombie thread. Locked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement