Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liffey Valley Hotel to city centre

Options
  • 19-07-2014 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi myself my girlfriend and my son who will be one in August, are staying in liffey valley hotel and want to go to Dublin zoo and have a look around Dublin shops, just wondering is there buses or luas transport from liffey valley to the zoo or nearby, blend how long does it take? One year old on buses short attention span, also can ya bring buggies on the bus , can child sit on parent lap? Sorry for long letter lol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭StreetLight

When you leave the Clarion hotel, take a ten-minute walk by turning right and right again past the Arc pub. Follow the road down under the bridge to the N4 Lucan Road. When you reach the roundabout you will see a bus stop on your left. From here you can take the Dublin Bus routes 25, 66, 66a, 66b or 67 to the Main Gate at Phoenix Park on Conyngham Road, from where you can walk another ten minutes to the Zoo.

Buggies can be taken unfolded on the bus, but if there is another unfolded buggy or wheelchair already present, the driver will ask you to fold yours and stow it. A child may sit on a parent's lap. The cash fare per adult per journey is €2.60, which must be presented exactly in coins only to the bus driver. Your journey should take about 15-20 minutes.

If you're thinking of doing a bit more exploring around the City, it might be worth considering getting a pre-paid Family Rambler ticket, available from newsagents. This will save you fiddling for cash and all you will have to do is validate the ticket as you board the bus by holding it against the ticket reader for a couple of seconds.

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

To be honest I would go the other way out of the clarion - it's quite a busy network of roads there with the slip round from the N4, the double roundabout and no traffic lights or pedestrian crossings, until you get to the far slip road.
    If you go left from the Clarion down towards the shopping centre you will come to the footbridge, which you need to cross to get the buses into the city centre - all the buses that pass there stop near enough to the zoo, there are a few other routes not mentioned by Streetlight, but they stop on the other side of Heuston Station, so it's just an extra ten minute walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

There is no Liffey Valley Hotel as such, do you mean the Clarion in Liffey Valley? There was a Liffey Valley House Hotel in Leixlip, but that was recently renamed.

If you have a car I would suggest you drive to Phoenix Park. There is a lot of free parking there. Unlike at the Blanchardstown Centre, the bus service at Liffey Valley is awkward to get to.

Advertisement