Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Corrib Great southern on fire.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

topcat77 wrote: »
    This has all been about rezoning the land. currently it's zoned as (Enterprise, Light industry & Commercial). The lads want it now to be zoned as residential which will massively increase the land value.

These lads ain't got the money they have for nothing.

they have politicians on speed dial and we barely get off our holes to vote every 4 or 5 years, guess who our politicians actually work for

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

It should be noted that having the appropriate zoning and planning hasn't stopped the Comers from doing exactly nothing for 3-4 years on one of their property plays in Sandyford. Ditto Portumna.

If I was a betting man, I'd say that if the Council bent to the will of the Comers and rezoned the place, the site would be for sale in the next day for someone else to build out...for reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

It amazes me that a relatively small number of people and vested interests can make Irish towns and cities look like absolute dumps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,192 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Buy a load of property let it go derelict and have a knock on effect of the local property values depreciation at its finest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭Storm 10

There is no reason why they cannot get skips in there to clean it out and board up the windows it's a disgrace as it's the first thing you see when you arrive in Galway. Great thing to see during our term of City of Culture

Storm 10 wrote: »
    There is no reason why they cannot get skips in there to clean it out and board up the windows it's a disgrace as it's the first thing you see when you arrive in Galway. Great thing to see during our term of City of Culture

Reason. Because it would cost them money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Storm 10 wrote: »

I’d imagine most tourist traffic turns right when the motorway finishes and the first thing they’d see is KFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

I’d imagine most tourist traffic turns right when the motorway finishes and the first thing they’d see is KFC

Regardless, the CGS is on a major thoroughfare into the city on a commanding site. It's seen by thousands of people everyday and a lot of them will be visitors. Just think of how many buses enter the city on that route every single day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,004 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Will somebody please think of the poor tourists and there tourist eyes. :rolleyes: Renmore, Ballybane, Mervue residents on the other hand......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Will somebody please think of the poor tourists and there tourist eyes. :rolleyes: Renmore, Ballybane, Mervue residents on the other hand......

I think we're that used to it, we'll nearly miss the wreck when it's gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,450 ✭✭✭McGiver

Storm 10 wrote:

Exactly. And I did. Years ago when I first arrived to Galway. I'm still shocked by the first sight of it entering Galway in the couch... That shock won't go away. If I was local I'd be highly embarrassed by this.

Before the homeless, it was those poor unfortunate tourists that got our sympathy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

The vandals have been found:

Advertisement