Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Mata will be playing wide of a front 3 can also play CM Amiable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

amiable wrote: »
    Mata doesn't always play wide.

Very touchy today.

Been talking to papagormo?

If Mata plays any games from CM I'll eat a hat, he can play behind a striker but hes no way a CM like Modric and if AVB plays him there I'll be sooooosurprised.
    smuckers wrote: »
    Mata will be playing wide of a front 3 can also play CM Amiable.

See above. ^

Also, on Wilshire, shows what he knows if he thinks Mata and Josh are similar position wise then hes a mad man.

Would be good news on Ganso but with Piazon coming in January he would hinder his development.

EDIT : I should add, playing Mata in CM while is possible would be a silly waste of his talent and he should be utilised further up the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

In fairness Gav i never said he'd play CM

He can play as a striker
    He can play as a second striker like an old fashioned number 10

I could only see him playing CM in an emergency as in all subs used and say a CM gets injured

Wouldn't be surprised to see him get a free role against lesser teams

In fairness Gav i never said he'd play CM

He can play as a striker
    He can play as a second striker like an old fashioned number 10

I could only see him playing CM in an emergency as in all subs used and say a CM gets injured

Wouldn't be surprised to see him get a free role against lesser teams

Ya, I was just giving my opinion, and in my opinion he wont play there, not to say he cant, he has the talent to do so, I just dont expect him to. :)

Modric training with Spurs today, is he finally coming to realise he won't be moving to us? or just biding time.

• Advertisement

and as I predicted Mata gets Yossi's number.

It all probably depends on how much Chelsea want Modric now i guess.

Roman seemed desperate for Torres so paid the premium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Back on topic, pity about Modric!

papagormo wrote: »
    I find it amusing to see who does be asking after me round here sometimes, especially since the same person has appeared in my profile page's "last 10 visitors" list CONSISTENTLY over the past few months, even though the number of visitors has risen steadily, and different visitor names appear regularly....one would imagine that seem as they have viewed my profile to such an extent as they remain within the "last 10 visitors" for such a period of time that they would already know dam well how I'm doing....
    I must really be the shít to have such a loyal follower...:cool:
    papa
    Michael Mancienne :)

Modric training with Spurs today, is he finally coming to realise he won't be moving to us? or just biding time.

All depends, with 5 days left in the window the will want Modric trainig even if he doesnt move, so hes ready for their games.
    and as I predicted Mata gets Yossi's number.

:cool: Could be put on the back of the away jersey.............
    It all probably depends on how much Chelsea want Modric now i guess.

Roman seemed desperate for Torres so paid the premium.

True, Roman wanted him but so did Carlo so I reckon if AVB says we need him to imrpove the dyanmic of the team then Roman will splash, but also Roman could say you got Lukaku and Mata so theres your money spent.

Im happier with Mata then I ever would be with Modric TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

IMO, the deal is still ON. its down to chelsea if we want to pay over the odds on levys price. we might see it as worth it if we win trophies for an extra 5 million.
    the player doesn't want to be there, and spurs haven't got his backing that much is clear or there would have beeen a big fanfare
    so how much longer will chelsea hang around for him? will we offer a silly price? those are the two questions. he is for sale alright, but at what price?

Doesnt mean a thing if he plays, Nasri played for Arsenal before leaving.
    Also From Sky Sports Twitter:

"West Ham United have confirmed the clubs are in talks with Tottenham Hotspur over midfielder Scott Parker" Another midfielder?
    Modric not for sale my bottom - just wants a high price

Hope to see Mata come on as sub against Norwich - he needs to start building up for the Utd match!

Ganzo rumours? He said he wouldnt leave without Neymar!

Also being strongly linked in a swap deal with Alex and Milos Krasic

Glad we are keeping Malouda and getting other options in - shakes everything up a bit. Reckon we could get another 2 in before deadline

We may not see Mata until after the international break according to AVB. :(

IMO, the deal is still ON. its down to chelsea if we want to pay over the odds on levys price. we might see it as worth it if we win trophies for an extra 5 million.
    the player doesn't want to be there, and spurs haven't got his backing that much is clear or there would have beeen a big fanfare
    so how much longer will chelsea hang around for him? will we offer a silly price? those are the two questions. he is for sale alright, but at what price?

Doesnt mean a thing if he plays, Nasri played for Arsenal before leaving.
    Also From Sky Sports Twitter:

"West Ham United have confirmed the clubs are in talks with Tottenham Hotspur over midfielder Scott Parker" Another midfielder?
    Modric not for sale my bottom - just wants a high price

Hope to see Mata come on as sub against Norwich - he needs to start building up for the Utd match!

Ganzo rumours? He said he wouldnt leave without Neymar!

Glad we are keeping Malouda and getting other options in - shakes everything up a bit. Reckon we could get another 2 in before deadline

They also have signed Lass Diarra so all signs point to cover for a Moric exit, Levy is playing hard ball, worse case scenario is Spurs sell him on the last day and 'Arry cant spend his £30 + Million but no doubt he'll be spending on the theory Chelsea will come back in.

Modric doesnt want to be there, Redknapp would rather get in 2,3 players with his transfer value but Levy wont budge, we;ll see who gives in.

At this stage we should go for Moutihno and stuff Modric and Spurs.

We may not see Mata until after the international break according to AVB. :(

Dont think we'll need him to beat Norwich anyway so no real lose at least we'll see him after the international break once he doesnt do himself an injury for Spain.

gavredking wrote: »
    They also have signed Lass Diarra so all signs point to cover for a Moric exit, Levy is playing hard ball, worse case scenario is Spurs sell him on the last day and 'Arry cant spend his £30 + Million but no doubt he'll be spending on the theory Chelsea will come back in.

Modric doesnt want to be there, Redknapp would rather get in 2,3 players with his transfer value but Levy wont budge, we;ll see who gives in.

At this stage we should go for Moutihno and stuff Modric and Spurs.

Diarra denied the deal, but they got Ade on loan from City.

Diarra denied the deal, but they got Ade on loan from City.

I thought the deal had been done?

My bad. :o

Still............screw them :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Jaysus, I hope we hold on to the steady ship that is Alex, think he has a few years in him yet.

papagormo wrote: »
    Jaysus, I hope we hold on to the steady ship that is Alex, think he has a few years in him yet.

With Alex, JT, Luiz, Ivanovic we have pretty solid CB's. Its great competition back there.

Spurs in talks with West Ham for Scott Parker.

Might mean that a deal for Modric is close?

He's not a playmaker, so no

• Advertisement

He's not a playmaker, so no
    You're having a giraffe

You're having a giraffe

To be fair hes not a typical EPL play maker. He plays very deep and builds from their. Hes very like Pirlo, X.Aloso, Makelele in the way he builds from deep and links up with the players ahead of him.

So yes, I'd agree hes a play maker but not in the traditonal meaning, just my 2 cents.

To be fair hes not a typical EPL play maker. He plays very deep and builds from their. Hes very like Pirlo, X.Aloso, Makelele in the way he builds from deep and links up with the players ahead of him.

So yes, I'd agree hes a play maker but not in the traditonal meaning, just my 2 cents.
    Parker is nothing like Makelele IMHO

Makelele was a spoiler(not insulting him as was the best at it and the position is called after him now) where as Parker is a playmaker.

He continuosly links up the play between players.
    Like Modric he may not weigh in with a huge amount of goals or assissts but he gives the ball to the people who can do the damage.

I meant to qoute this too, woops. :o

That would seem like whats happening, with Spurs options from CM you can imagine any deal for Parker would invovle one of there current CM's leaving.

You're having a giraffe

He's a hard tackling old fashioned DEFENSIVE midfielder.
    He is just very verastile

He's a hard tackling old fashioned DEFENSIVE midfielder.
    He is just very verastile
    He's a playmaker who continously links play with his passes

Parker is nothing like Makelele IMHO

Makelele was a spoiler(not insulting him as was the best at it and the position is called after him now) where as Parker is a playmaker.

He continuosly links up the play between players.
    Like Modric he may not weigh in with a huge amount of goals or assissts but he gives the ball to the people who can do the damage.

I dont think Modric got many goals last year, in fact I think Parker got more goals then him, Modric is all about creating and dragging players out of position.

I dont think Modric got many goals last year, in fact I think Parker got more goals then him, Modric is all about creating and dragging players out of position.
    That's what i said. Neither player scores lots of goals or gets too many assissts.

They both link the play til the spaces open up

That's what i said. Neither player scores lots of goals or gets too many assissts.

They both link the play til the spaces open up

Aaaaahhhhh, I seemed to misread your post. Aplogies.

Either way, in Krancjar Spurs have a ready made replacement for Modric and the only thing that hinders Krancjar IMO is he lacks a bit of pace, otherwise I think hes just as capable as Modric.

• Advertisement

He's a playmaker who continously links play with his passes

Not a playmaker -but can certainly score goals and create.
    Why when Essien was injured were we linked with Parker as his replacement? When he first came to chelsea he ws touted as a Makale replacement

Sneijder and Modric are true playmakers. Do you see them tackling?

Modric plays the Ballack role. holds the ball up and moves it forward, allowing other midfielders to create and score. Thats why Modric doesnt score many goals, he brings others into play

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement