Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairdressing Problem

Options
  • 26-11-2014 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I know this thread has been done several times before but am hoping to start afresh! I have really thick hair and am looking for a hairdresser that is able to cut it properly and I can't find one in Galway. Plaese can anyone help? My hair really needs cutting again and I'm scarred froma couple of really atrocious haircuts in the last year! I'm not that fussy but nobody yet has given it a good cut. Please don't mention anybody in the Liosban area either as have tried there too and was disappointed. Thanks so much!

Comments

My mother has thick hair and has been using H&G on Lower Abbeygate Street for many many years. Ann (the owner) would be the person to ask for.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

Sorry OP I don't have any suggestions but I'm curious to know, if it's the salon I think it is, did the place in Liosban cut weird layers into the outside of your hair in the name of "thinning it out", bits that stick out in the most awful, mushroom-like way no matter what you do? I used to swear by the girl there but I got a bad cut 3 months ago and I'm still trying to deal with my hair every morning :mad: I wouldn't mind but I was her only client that day so she wasn't in a rush and I specifically asked for no layers and a cut that I can leave dry naturally or in a bun, now I have to blow-dry and straighten or curl every wash.

So I'm on the lookout for a new hairdresser that can work with thick hair too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 wowee

Thanks Charlee Late Archaeologist, I'll brave H+G in the next couple of weeks so and hopefully it'll work out. I'm just so sick of getting a disastrous haircut, telling the hairdresser it's lovely and paying for the privilege of uneven and random layers! I'll have to get more assertive.....

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭shinnyjosiedan

Raymond Skelton on the Ballymoneen Rd is brilliant. Been going to him for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

Raymond Skelton on the Ballymoneen Rd is brilliant. Been going to him for years.

Fantastic, I live on the Ballymoneed Rd.!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭shinnyjosiedan

Cocolola wrote: »
    Fantastic, I live on the Ballymoneed Rd.!

He's in Slí Geal. He's not cheap but I think he's worth it. I'm very fussy about my cut and colour. He has thick curly hair himself.

Advertisement