Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Prices & Places to Live

Options
  • 26-11-2014 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Hey guys, looking for a decent place to live.

I'm a graduate fresh out of college and currently working in Furbo now in the place I did work experience.

I'm looking for a place in the town as I haven't really got to experience Galway yet.

I have 3 others who are on board who are students looking for a house anyway around the city.

I have a car and it wouldn't bother me to live outside the city at all only for the simple fact that if I want to go out in the town it could cost me a fortune. I'd prefer to live a little while I'm still young and head out on the town regularly. Plus I don't know many people so I'll need to make some friends!

What kind of prices are acceptable around here?

I was looking at a place for €350 per person that had 4 rooms in town. Just down by GTI. What is the norm?

Also does anyone have or know of any places that might be available around in town town as it would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sunrise91

I've lived in three apartments around that area with rents between €300-375. Really handy area to live in, not too far from town when going out but also far enough away that the noise won't keep you up all night!

I will say that it may be difficult to find a free apartment at this time of the year, as a lot of students have leases from September to May. But that is from personal experience, I'm sure there will be plenty of leases starting in December/January as well.

Best of luck with the house hunting!

Advertisement