Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspicious Van around Rochestown Area (Delford/Wainsfort)

Options
  • 17-04-2015 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

White Peugeot Partner van [Mod Edit: cant post reg] (10 - D - xxxxx) going around earlier this morning stopped and asked someone in my area some stupid little question this morning as I was heading to work.

Came home early and spotted a white van slowly entering one of the estates, a little too slowly. It parked in one area of the estate and as I walked around the estate and came back to my home, they were parked nearby again.

A man and woman were going door to door selling knife sets, in the same box/colour/style as this, with a child in the van, somewhere between 7 - 9.

It could be innocent but could definitely be casing for later too. There was also a break-in a few nights ago in Delford I've been told.

Be careful folks, lock up around Rochestown.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭xabi

What did the Guards say when you rang them to report it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

xabi wrote: »
    What did the Guards say when you rang them to report it?

Please stop trying to draw the OP out, they are trying to help - I wont acceot flaming on here. A simple "did you manage to let the Gardai know" would suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Onto the neighbour at the moment who was already in touch with the guards this morning. If she has someone in particular I'll pass it onto them, if not I'll be onto the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

I know ages ago there was a chap selling knife sets or cutlery sets from the back of van as such, we actually have one haha but he was a nice chap..

If by any chance it is a heavy blacked haired English mad in a suit id say be wary.. One of those gezzer type of fellas...
    If he hands you a card for doing pavements and tar stay well away and as you say lock up the house..

Thanks for the tipp off I shall warn all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Got in touch with Togher Garda station and they've alerted patrols. Already had a garda car going through the estates.

I didn't get a chance to talk to the man at all, only saw him climbing into the car before they left! Light blonde-red hair on him, both in their 50s. I'll be keeping an eye out around here anyway, might rig my webcams up for some over night surveillance :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

CSI style or like Beverly Hills!! Hope it is nothing now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Did yer man look a bit like Rory Mcgrath by any chance?Dodgy fella who was the spit of him called to my door some months back trying to sell stuff,think it was some kind of kitchenware.

v3-%20mcgrath_pa.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Served it's purpose....thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement