Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothes for Cash in Cork

Options
  • 27-02-2012 2:41pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello.

We're looking to get rid of some clothes and make money for a school at the same time. I've heard about these places that you can go and they'll give you a certain amount of money for every KG. Does anyone know of anywhere like this in Cork?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭corked

Think I passed a sign for one as I was driving out the commons road last week.
    Not a clue how it operates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

dory wrote: »
    Hello.

We're looking to get rid of some clothes and make money for a school at the same time. I've heard about these places that you can go and they'll give you a certain amount of money for every KG. Does anyone know of anywhere like this in Cork?

Cheers.

Hi Dory..

There is one on Vicars Road,,,in that little Ind Est next to the Topaz garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

There's one on Broderick Street in Midleton too. They go through everything though and take out the stuff that they don't want.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭beer enigma

there's one on Tory Top road apparently - €5 per black bag. They dont go through the stuff, just open th top to make sure its not stuffed with old magazines lol

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭t1mm

Theres one on the Church Road in Carrigaline too. Never been in there so can't quote prices etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Thanks everyone! I'm going to go try some of those places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

I'm pretty sure there is also one down by St.finbarrs hurling and football club...don't know how much they give per kg though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Place on top of Shandon St., 1kg = 80c.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 corkipedia

You might be better off donating the clothes. You'll prob get pittance if you sell them. Plenty of clothes banks and charity shops around the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 UnderDHammer

Was just in the one in Church Road, Carrigaline. Next to Vets. 80cent a kg for clothes, toys, shoes and bags. Took everything, no selective acceptance. Scales accurate (weighed myself) :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 ruby2011

hi ..can anyone tell me where is the best value place to take my unwanted clothes for cash in cork city or will i get the same price everywhere? thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Tory Top Road is €5 for 10Kg - http://clearout.ie/Payment.html

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭linfield

Where do these clothes end up?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Hi

I'm currently looking to try and raise some money for School in Cork by doing a clothes drive.
    Just wondering if anyone has dealt with any of these companies and who would they recommend please?

Thanks

Advertisement