Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stagit.ie

Options
  • 29-05-2012 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

Has anyone used Stagit.ie for their stag night?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I have not used Stagit and from looking at their website I dont think I will use them.

others may have their own opinion but all that I see on the website is a discount scheme - they have advertisers on the site and you are told that you can save money by using these people.... you could always call the companies themselves and see if they can do a deal ?

Do you want your Stag night to be the same as another persons organised "stagit" event ??? I know that I don't, I haven't even asked my best man yet (and I'm engaged over 2 months now) - I have no idea what'll happen for my stag but I would hate if my best man decided to use a stag organising service instead of doing it all himself.... your best man knows you better than any stag organiser - he will know what you like/dislike ..... so he should be able to create a good night out.

Most stags are just a bunch of lads out on the town - nothing crazy ... I dont think I would enjoy paintballing, karting, clay shooting or golfing ....I just want to be with my mates and have a laugh..... and all the packages in Dublin seem to have VIP entry to stripclub !!! .... its all to "set-up" for me ...not my thing !!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Tango One

I thought the price was quite good, €87 a head for hotel, paintballing(alway wanted to do that) finger food after, night at the dogs and into a nightclub. I also like the fact each person can pay directly to the site instead of me going around collecting money, plus less hassle organising everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

Tango One

For your destination for Stag I'd recommend Carrick-on-Shannon as nite-life is class and superpubs a plenty, had mine there this time last year...

paintball & Karting both available in one location - midland karting & karting complex in Edgeworthstown - they also are launching Top of the Range Race-Pod Simulators for groups too.

PM me if ya need help..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I've been on two of their stags so far...

Carrick-On-Shannon - 2 nights accommodation in a self-catering apartment, go-karting, finger food in a pub with a free pint and night club entry.

Mullingar - 2 nights hotel accommodation, paint-balling, finger food in a pub with a free drink, entry to a dog track, "VIP" entry to a nightclub.

Both good craic but a little generic to be fair. Think they cost between 130/170 quid. Couldn't really fault them but certainly no originality and as PCPhoto says, nothing stopping you approaching their suppliers directly and tailoring your own event.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Carvair

FWIW; Here is my experience of a Stag organised by Stag-It

We booked with Stag It for a Stag in Galway a couple of weeks ago. Each person going started receiving emails about paying, warning of late payment fees way before the final monies were due

Included in the package was a session of shotgun shooting, to be followed by Finger food and shots in Fibbers pub in Eyre Square Galway. The Finger food was to be available from 3PM-7PM

The shotgun experience was good.. no issues there at all

The food was a totally different experience altogether. 2 of us arrived into Fibbers at 315Pm and having been verified by a female bar person that we were entitled to have the finger food, she went to get it. Almost 30 minutes later a barman came up to us and told us the finger food would not be available till 6PM at the earliest, as no one working at that moment "knew" how to work the equipment for food

We asked to speak to the manager and were left waiting another 20 minutes and just walked out

I personally took up the issue with StagIt, and there response was appalling. Having looked for a partial re-fund for the shots and food not supplied, I was told that the pub supplies those free and therefore I am not entitled to any refund., I was then told that I should have called in advance and told teh pub what time we would be there at .. a reasonable request you might think, but that would still not get around the fact that food was not available as we had been informed ( between 3PM and 7PM )

All in all a totally unsatisfactory experience with Stag-It from our point of view. An appalling attitude from their management when things went wrong and IMHO, a couldn't care less attitude to our group

If you are considering booking a Stag or Hen with this company, all I can say is make your own mind up., but our group was sizeable and none of them nor any of their friends will ever use this company again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Carvair wrote: »
    FWIW; Here is my experience of a Stag organised by Stag-It

We booked with Stag It for a Stag in Galway a couple of weeks ago. Each person going started receiving emails about paying, warning of late payment fees way before the final monies were due

Included in the package was a session of shotgun shooting, to be followed by Finger food and shots in Fibbers pub in Eyre Square Galway. The Finger food was to be available from 3PM-7PM

The shotgun experience was good.. no issues there at all

The food was a totally different experience altogether. 2 of us arrived into Fibbers at 315Pm and having been verified by a female bar person that we were entitled to have the finger food, she went to get it. Almost 30 minutes later a barman came up to us and told us the finger food would not be available till 6PM at the earliest, as no one working at that moment "knew" how to work the equipment for food

We asked to speak to the manager and were left waiting another 20 minutes and just walked out

I personally took up the issue with StagIt, and there response was appalling. Having looked for a partial re-fund for the shots and food not supplied, I was told that the pub supplies those free and therefore I am not entitled to any refund., I was then told that I should have called in advance and told teh pub what time we would be there at .. a reasonable request you might think, but that would still not get around the fact that food was not available as we had been informed ( between 3PM and 7PM )

All in all a totally unsatisfactory experience with Stag-It from our point of view. An appalling attitude from their management when things went wrong and IMHO, a couldn't care less attitude to our group

If you are considering booking a Stag or Hen with this company, all I can say is make your own mind up., but our group was sizeable and none of them nor any of their friends will ever use this company again

you may not want to hear this but a lot of pubs do put out free finger food for groups if they're going to be having drink there so youre looking for a refund on a free item and when you dont get it you find it appalling? bit strong I would have thought.

that said, if stagit suggested you should have called ahead, mind me asking why didnt stagit do that for you, were they not supposed to have been organising it?

What happened the shots part of the "finger food and shots" offer?

you may not want to hear this but a lot of pubs do put out free finger food for groups if they're going to be having drink there so youre looking for a refund on a free item and when you dont get it you find it appalling? bit strong I would have thought.

that said, if stagit suggested you should have called ahead, mind me asking why didnt stagit do that for you, were they not supposed to have been organising it?

What happened the shots part of the "finger food and shots" offer?

Stage it never said that the food / shots was free., The package they offered said it was included in the price we paid, at no time were we told it was a freebie., "Stag It" presented it as a package that we purchased ... so its not the fault of the customer ( me ) when I expect to get something that I paid for in a package. The issue of Stag It not paying for the food and shots only arose AFTER I informed them of what happened

And you are correct, having taken the monies from us for a service, then expect us to make arrangements., This is just not on

If Stag It are going to make arrangements for Stag / Hen groups to visit pubs and the pubs offer to provide food / shots for free, this should be made quite clear on the Stag It website, trying to give the impression that its part of the "Service" provided by Stag it is wrong and misleading

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Carvair wrote: »
    Stage it never said that the food / shots was free., The package they offered said it was included in the price we paid, at no time were we told it was a freebie., "Stag It" presented it as a package that we purchased ... so its not the fault of the customer ( me ) when I expect to get something that I paid for in a package. The issue of Stag It not paying for the food and shots only arose AFTER I informed them of what happened

And you are correct, having taken the monies from us for a service, then expect us to make arrangements., This is just not on

If Stag It are going to make arrangements for Stag / Hen groups to visit pubs and the pubs offer to provide food / shots for free, this should be made quite clear on the Stag It website, trying to give the impression that its part of the "Service" provided by Stag it is wrong and misleading

But a free add-on in any package of products is there to enhance the package. if one of the free parts is unavailable, while unfortunate, you don't get to claim a refund for it. How much would you want for a free add-on anyway?

Did you get the free shots?

what about the nightclub area, did you get a VIP table reserved? if you hadnt would you want a partial refund for that if it hadnt?

And Im not disagreeing it was a bad experience with the pub in question, but not sure what you want stagit to do?

But a free add-on in any package of products is there to enhance the package. if one of the free parts is unavailable, while unfortunate, you don't get to claim a refund for it. How much would you want for a free add-on anyway?

Did you get the free shots?

what about the nightclub area, did you get a VIP table reserved? if you hadnt would you want a partial refund for that if it hadnt?

And Im not disagreeing it was a bad experience with the pub in question, but not sure what you want stagit to do?

Just to clarify again.... the food was not advertised as a "free add on", it was included in the package that was purchased, we were only told it was free after we complained about not receiving it. No one got the shots and no VIP area in the night club

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

You don't mind me asking but what nightclub did they send you to, was thinking of doing the same package myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

Im heading on one of these stag in 2 weeks. Im a groomsman at the wedding and the best man moved to Canada, it was so much handier to organize for them. No going around collecting money or anything like that, it was all done through the site. Anyway il let ye know what it was like after

• Registered Users Posts: 29 anfirrua

Extremely poor customer service and overall experience with Stagit.ie

A party of 12 booked for Waterford, 2 days before we were supposed to go down the organiser got an email saying the hotel had changed. He or the stag were unable to get in touch with Stagit on the Thursday or Friday.
    We went to Waterford on Friday and neither hotel was booked! Or the go-karting!
    Unable to contact anyone an Stagit even though it was lunchtime Friday. Stagit emergency number was an invalid number and after the weekend when we finally did get in contact with them they were arrogant and unhelp!!

Avoid!!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HankSchrader

Absolute disaster of a company. Booked stag through stag-it a few weeks ago. Had go karting organised for the Saturday. 2pm confirmed time the day before in email. Arrived at the go karting for them to tell us the time was changed and they let stag-it know. We didn't!! Couldn't get a free slot as very busy. Rang the guy in stag-it, no answer. Left numerous voice mails, emails and texts. No reply.
    At least we had the rugby and food to look forward to! Arrived at the pre booked venue for food and an area reserved for match. Nothing booked. No booking whatsoever. Showed them our emails and they had no record of the booking. Rang stag-it again, no answer. Absolute joke of a company. Stay away from stag-it, organise stag yourself.

Advertisement