Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl drums

Options
  • 16-04-2011 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭

Anyone got opinions on these..Theybare fro a friend who is a complete beginner and I do not know enough to know if they would suit a complete beginner? And what does digital drum mean? is that where you can practice and the neighbours do not hear and you hear through head phones?

Any info appreciated including suggestions for beginner if these are not suitable. And also for a practice pad i think it is called

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Demeyes

A friend of mine had those. They're not really any good for even a beginner, very hard to play a beat on those and have it sound alright and I saw a fair few drummers mess about with it.
    An electric kit is one where you can plug in headphones and hear it and they won't be loud in the room like real drums. If noise is an issue then you can pickup something like this and it will be a lot better and closer to a real kit.
    http://www.thomann.de/ie/millenium_mps100_edrum_starter_set.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Resend

Demeyes wrote: »
    A friend of mine had those. They're not really any good for even a beginner, very hard to play a beat on those and have it sound alright and I saw a fair few drummers mess about with it.
    An electric kit is one where you can plug in headphones and hear it and they won't be loud in the room like real drums. If noise is an issue then you can pickup something like this and it will be a lot better and closer to a real kit.
    http://www.thomann.de/ie/millenium_mps100_edrum_starter_set.htm
    do they have a place in ireland or is is sent from Germany at what cost. Thanks for the info and link;)

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Demeyes

Resend wrote: »
    do they have a place in ireland or is is sent from Germany at what cost. Thanks for the info and link;)
    They send their stuff from Germany but once it's over 200 they ship for free. Thomann are widely used and are safe to buy from. I order from them a few times a year as do a lot of my friends and we've had no hassle with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Four years later, and here come Lidl again;

http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=33011

Are these yokes any good for a beginner with close neighbours who wouldn't appreciate noise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

My reply is a bit late, they are playable, but the sounds are shi.. if it is the one that was out about 2 years ago - and it looks the same.
    If you find a setting with a good snare and hi-hat, the base is rubbish. The same with every effect. There are 10 different settings, but you can't match the drums to each other and the set combinations are rubbish.
    Jim.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure that the issues that you point out would be big issues for me as a rookie learner. It's not so much about the quality of the sound for me - just to fill a gap while I decide if it is worth putting serious money or time into this.

I couldn't find the kit in Rathfarnham at the weekend, so I might check out the other branches.

Advertisement