Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Replacing lost Taxsaver annual ticket

Options
  • 24-06-2008 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭

Lost my wallet last week with my annual bus/rail ticket in it, which was bought through work under the taxsaver scheme.

Can't find any info on the Irish Rail website on how to replace it - anyone know should I go through HR in work or direct to Irish Rail? Also, any idea how much it's likely to cost?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Straight to Irish Rail.
    They will probably hit you for an admin fee but in fairness they have to or people would be "losing" their tickets every week.

Possibly €85, think I heard that figure off someone. I could be wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭larko

I think it's around 11 euro for every month left on your ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

larko wrote: »
    I think it's around 11 euro for every month left on your ticket.

Hmm. Knowing Irish Rail, I'll probably wait for next week then, or they'll hit me for 11 euro for June too.

Thanks for the replies guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

MOH wrote: »
    Hmm. Knowing Irish Rail, I'll probably wait for next week then, or they'll hit me for 11 euro for June too.

Thanks for the replies guys.

would you not spend more than €11 next week without the ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,394 ✭✭✭Trampas

I thought it was €20 a month

Q. What happens if my ticket is lost or stolen?
    A. Monthly tickets are not replaced. Annual tickets are replaced at a cost of e12.00 for each month left to be used. Rail Point- to-Point tickets cost from e12.00 to e20.00 a month to replace. Terms and conditions apply to replacing annual tickets.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/fares_and_tickets/taxsaver_commuter_tickets.asp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

MOH wrote: »
    Lost my wallet last week with my annual bus/rail ticket in it, which was bought through work under the taxsaver scheme.

Can't find any info on the Irish Rail website on how to replace it - anyone know should I go through HR in work or direct to Irish Rail? Also, any idea how much it's likely to cost?

If you got the ticket through the taxsaver scheme, you need to go through HR.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Riskymove wrote: »
    would you not spend more than €11 next week without the ticket?

Working from home most of next week, so will work out cheaper to just pay as I go.
    Trampas wrote: »
    I thought it was €20 a month

Q. What happens if my ticket is lost or stolen?
    A. Monthly tickets are not replaced. Annual tickets are replaced at a cost of e12.00 for each month left to be used. Rail Point- to-Point tickets cost from e12.00 to e20.00 a month to replace. Terms and conditions apply to replacing annual tickets.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/fares_and_tickets/taxsaver_commuter_tickets.asp

It's an annual, so looks like 12/month.
    KC61 wrote: »
    If you got the ticket through the taxsaver scheme, you need to go through HR.

I'll check with HR then, thanks.

Advertisement