Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What when the inter-urbans are finished

Options
  • 23-06-2008 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭

Anyone tell me what is going to happen to the massive funding presently being invested in the inter-urbans.

Say another 3 or 4 years, all the inter urbans from Dublin to the outer cities should be finished.

I'm guessing the following will then take presidence.

1. Atlantic Corridor - Full HQDC for Galway - Limerick - Cork - Waterford. 2+2 for Galway to Sligo.

2. Realtering poor junction, especially on inter urbans. Surely the N7-N9 junction must be looked at as a number of movements on this junction are not allowed.

3. Urban carriageways. Stuff like flyovers for the Cork SRR need to be completed yet.

4. Various bypasses on further national primary and secondary routes.

5. Further improvements to road surfaces and bad bends on regional roads.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

With the price of Diesel going the way it is I don't think many will be able to afford to use them :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Anyone tell me what is going to happen to the massive funding presently being invested in the inter-urbans.

Say another 3 or 4 years, all the inter urbans from Dublin to the outer cities should be finished.

Thats 2 years , then nothing because of lack of funds and diversion of any obtainable funds to Metro North and Interconnect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭AugustusMaximus

So the vast majority is going to be spent entirely in Dublin. ffs.

I wouldn't mind seeing the N24 upgraded to 2+2 at minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

With the price of Diesel going the way it is I don't think many will be able to afford to use them :(
    So im the only one who thinks that we'll be using water to fuel our cars in 4 years... gotta love the optimists (but in my case its just crazy talk).

Well anyway I agree with all the projects that the OP mentioned.

Ya but I really can't see that happening anytime soon, maybe the main stretch out of Limerick city...

I'd be more interested in the road between cork and Limerick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

So the vast majority is going to be spent entirely in Dublin.

The vast majority is going to be spent entirely ( on green trains) in Dublin.

By the end of 2010 the NRA will have ceased to exist as a delivered of roads , a small rump of clerical officers decentralised to Ballinasloe is all that will be left .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Hear hear. Traffic volumes (appear at least) to be very high whenever I travel it and much of it has not changed one bit in a generation

Advertisement