Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW 15-6-2015

• 15-06-2015 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

FD4Uka5Q.jpg

WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins claimed he no longer needed The Authority to fight his battles for him, and at Money in the Bank, The Architect proved his self-confidence wasn’t misplaced. Now, having turned back Dean Ambrose once again, “The Future of WWE” looks toward Monday Night Raw — as does newly minted Money in the Bank contract holder Sheamus. Will The Celtic Warrior strike against Rollins, one night after securing his golden opportunity?

Plus, with acclaimed rapper MGK performing on Raw in his hometown of Cleveland, what else is in store on Monday night

1. When will The Celtic Warrior cash in?

2. What is The Architect building toward?

3. Does a Spear await Bray Wyatt?

4. Is Cena beaten despite his victory?

5. Is R-Truth truly a ‘king’?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I fecking love Sheamus holding the briefcase. Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I hope someone takes/wins the MITB briefcase from Sheamus, can't fecking stand him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I fecking love Sheamus holding the briefcase. Great stuff.
    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I hope someone takes/wins the MITB briefcase from Sheamus, can't fecking stand him.

The fickle nature of the IWC :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

So everyone loved Sheamus when he came back, now they don't, is that what happened? Interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Plus, with acclaimed rapper MGK performing on Raw in his hometown of Cleveland

No, just no!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

So everyone loved Sheamus when he came back, now they don't, is that what happened? Interesting.

I like Sheamus to a degree. He has decent matches but he's not a top level guy imo.

Literally anyone else in the match would have been a better choice.

I didn't, i sighed with frustration when he came back.

Well I guess he's getting the desired reaction from you, in that case Lithium. He is a heel, sure. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Another tedious, random, i'm bored before it gets going Bray Wyatt feud awaits. To drain the life out of me

SteveCarellFoxcatcher_gallery_primary.jpg

Well I guess he's getting the desired reaction from you, in that case Lithium. He is a heel, sure. ;)

It's not even that he's doing his job as a heel that makes me hate him, whenever i see him on the television either promo or match i skip or mute

Sheamus just annoys me, he's to me what Big Show is to Omackerel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

No I think he was a stale character before his injury but everyone was thinking a heel turn would change things but to me he's been still been as stale as ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've enjoyed Sheamus since his return. I think his promos have been pretty good and he carries himself well.

I did find having him win the briefcase strange though since he's been pretty much presented as a mid-card guy the last while. Reigns would have been a better choice storyline-wise imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

sky88 wrote: »
    No I think he was a stale character before his injury but everyone was thinking a heel turn would change things but to me he's been still been as stale as ever

Agreed, i like him, maybe its cos hes irish, and would love to see him succeed, again probably the irish thing, but aside from that, there is nothing he does in the ring or on the mic, that grabs my attention long enough to watch him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,219 ✭✭✭✭briany

After the disappointment of Saturday, I'll take an Irish win, even if it's a scripted one. Hopefully they'll give Sheamus a bit of runway and allow him to expand on his character. Or they could have Brock return and take the briefcase. Well, we'll see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,490 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Lesnar and Heyman back tonight?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Lesnar and Heyman back tonight?

Spoiler tagged just in case.
    Brock Lesnar is expected to return to WWE TV with Paul Heyman tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,878 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hopefully a few of the matches tonight will have a good old "Dusty Finish" :)

The quality of the writing and the quality of the wrestling always fluctuates in WWE over the years but man, they have always been bloody brilliant at these video packages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,220 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Yeah, a crowd isn't going to react to screenshots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,476 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That was a quality heel promo from Rollins. Reminded me of Edge.

• Advertisement

Might be a Sheamus cash-in tease coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Good Crowd tonight

Seems like Rollins vs HHH is on the cards, but it would be tough to have it set for Summerslam you would think.

sky88 wrote: »
    I am thoroughly looking forward to him making the World Championship go stale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,476 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Pretty obvious Brock vs. Rollins is all set for Battleground now. As punishment for what he said.

I wouldn't mind seeing the two of them go. I thought his music would hit as Ambrose sat there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Orton and Sheamus......again....**** off...just **** off

Hopefully Sheamus will go over though. He needs to look dominant while he has the briefcase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,220 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Crowd aren't booing this. Truth hurts.

• Advertisement

Kevin Owens hitting the nail on the head about John Cena

Ziggler vs Owens !! yes !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Good Stuff from Kevin Owens, liked the bit about not needing Cena to endorse him.

Cena always does that annoying schtick where he tries to piggyback on the guys who the crowd root for

I would've liked it Dolph Ziggler just lay in the timekeeper's area while Charles Robinson counted to 10. It could be a good little device for Kevin Owens to have, knockin lads out ringside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭tinpib

Thought Owens was genuinely knocked out there from that kick from Ziggler.

Brock Lesnar would have been proud of that German Suplex Kevin Owens delivered to Dolph.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,219 ✭✭✭✭briany

Ad break frequency has felt like it's been taking the proverbial tonight.

Delighted to see Owens continue to pick up victories especially clean ones , Great to see a new dominant heel

Hopefully they don't screw up the whole thing with him now. I'd rather he just left Cena be now.

I tapped out after Owens.....had it on mute while watching the sony presser at E3 , I did see the Wyatt thing what the hell was he yammering on about now , I seen him with a pic of Roman and his sprog

Trying to make it personal are we

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Wonder will we see a NXT diva help out paige?

• Advertisement

They might as well bring up Charlotte at this stage if they're going to introduce anyone I think.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

I think I actually hate Machine Gun Kelly. I have no idea who he is but by god I hate him

oh good, a heel crippled him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

At least he got a soft landing!!!

#ThankYouOwens

Kevin Owens will win the Royal Rumble

I found Owens's earlier promo on Cena grating. He won me over though by taking out THE MOST ANNOYING MAN IN THE WORLD.

Seriously, was I supposed to feel sympathy for that guy? He came off as the biggest heel on the show. No, on earth actually.

Nice to see Brock back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Rollin's acting really was tremendous. Frozen in fear, couldn't look Brock in the eye.

Look of a man that know's he's about to die :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The Good
    Kevin Owens is pure money. His promo about Cena was brilliant, though probably solidified him as a face for many. And the attack on MCG was great too.

Match with Ziggler was great too.

Brock's return, and Rollin's reactions, was great. And I quite like how they handled HHH bringing him back. They'll have to give us a reason to doubt Brock though; right now, it just looks like Brock will murder Rollins in a straight up match. But thrilled to have a proper Face run from him :D

Feel Ambrose's character came across well tonight; I believe that the title is his life. His motivations work, which doesn't always happen in WWE.

The Bad
    So last night, I wrote about Sheamus...
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    There's only so many times he can fight Ziggler and Orton (especially when there's never anything at stake) before he grows stale, and that time passed weeks ago. I think it's the booking thats an issue, more than the character.

So to see his first feud as Mr MitB be against Orton.....

:rolleyes:

Likewise, Bray's stories are nearly identical nowadays, except they tippex over the name of his opponent each week; cuts promos on mystery person, attacks person at PPV, more videos, loses PPV match and repeat. So of course the crowd stop caring.

Divas division is a mess.

• Advertisement
Advertisement