Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trout fishing

Options
  • 09-09-2014 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Hey I'm heading out to rathbeggan lakes to do some trout fishing for the first time. I'll be bait fishing can anyone tell me if I can use a waggler float and shrimp heard shrimp works well out there ,any advice would be great. Should I fish the surface with Fluro pop ups or on the bottom or mid water please help thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

Hi

Rathbeggan i herd is a good choice (I think you can only keep 1 or 2 fish) I'd give you advice if i new about bait, But i only fly fish But one thing wrong with Bait fishing for trout is hooking them, I herd the hook goes deep in there mouth, So i'd use barb hooks for the fish you going to keep and then change when your releasing them (I'm not bait fisher, I only fly fish) I'd Say use worms (If you can) Great bait for rainbows I remember fishing there and people catching on worm

Advertisement