Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crime In Mind (TV3): The Dunne Family

• 14-02-2011 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

This was postponed from last week I think.. but they must have cleared it all with the solicitors in the mean time.. I'm not sure that they should be doing a "crime" program on this..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I think it was an episode of Scannal on RTÉ that was postponed - see this thread.

It's interesting that RTÉ choose to delay it out of deference to the outgoing Govt. (FF) and TV3 fire ahead and show the same subject matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

The Dunne family's story is tragic beyond belief but unfortunately, this is not the first time that this has happened in Wexford. As a mother of a little four year old I couldn't bring myself to watch tonights programme.

I feel that it would be more helpful if RTE and TV3 got to the root of the real problem - i.e why the HSE fail to provide crucial out of hours services to families and people in distress, (social workers, psychologists and psychiatrists).

It always annoys and upsets me the way the HSE can provide counselling to a community after a tragedy happens, while some people with serious mental health issues are unable to access services when they need them due to cutbacks and long waiting times. What is the point of running expensive mental health TV ads encouraging people to talk about their mental health if they can't access appropriate services in a timely fashion? :(

Advertisement