Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late Late Show: 18th Feb 2011

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

He said what we were all thinking

Well, those of us who weren't acomatised!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,596 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I watched this rubbish waiting for the political panel - never ever ever again. Total cra*p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Greentopia wrote: »
    I'm a (maybe) Labour voter-if I decide to vote at all, and I would like to see them in coalition with whoever else gets elected (looking like FG at this stage)
    I think, HOPE FF are headed for an electoral wipe-out and they won't ever be coming back.

Part of me wants to see them in coalition with Fine Gael, mainly to curb the worst excesses of right-wing gits like Varadkar. On the other hand though, I'll gladly take the inevitable dole cut and decreased standard of living if it means that FG are going to spend the next five years making themselves as unpopular as FF. "Gilmore for Taoiseach"? Maybe in 2016...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

RayM wrote: »
    Part of me wants to see them in coalition with Fine Gael, mainly to curb the worst excesses of right-wing gits like Varadkar. On the other hand though, I'll gladly take the inevitable dole cut and decreased standard of living if it means that FG are going to spend the next five years making themselves as unpopular as FF. "Gilmore for Taoiseach"? Maybe in 2016...

Yep, that would be my thinking as well. I dread what FG have in store for the health service in particular. We'll end up with some lame under-funded half-assed copy of the Dutch model (without the resources or the standard of care they have) where the HSE is broken up, everything is handed over to the private sector and we'll all have to pay huge bills for primary care and hospital admissions.
    That's not quality universal health care in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

That was a poor week, even by our low standards.

Oiche Maith and all that sh**e - See you next week for Maureen O'Hara and more (recorded on Wednesday gone)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 blehbleh

just to let the idiot earlier in on a few facts.the band bipolar empire were not doing a version of the muse song from the 2fm ad.its an original song wrote by the band so scrub up on you're facts before you mouth off.
    also it was played live which was pretty obvious to anyone who has an inkling into music!
    and finally if ya's hate the show so much turn it the f*$k off.im sure tubridy doesn't care if ya hate it he still gets paid.rant over nite :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Craebear

blehbleh wrote: »
    just to let the idiot earlier in on a few facts.the band bipolar empire were not doing a version of the muse song from the 2fm ad.its an original song wrote by the band so scrub up on you're facts before you mouth off.
    also it was played live which was pretty obvious to anyone who has an inkling into music!
    and finally if ya's hate the show so much turn it the f*$k off.im sure tubridy doesn't care if ya hate it he still gets paid.rant over nite :)

And this here is the kind of individual the late late trys to pander to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

calm-down-calm-down.jpg

Calm down, calm down.

They do sound like Muse, very much so. You could be compared to worse, you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Engrish plz :D

• Advertisement

Hiya member of bipolar empire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

What part of it was played live yes it was sung live but thats about it,
    anyway they were fcuking woeful and if they can sleep at night putting out rubbish like that well on their own heads be it

I have listened to some uninspired limp wristed middle of the road garbage in my time but that "act" takes the biscuit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 blehbleh

ha i ain't a member of the band or any band just hate the way people abuse irish music instead of gettin behind it.should be supportin our own talent thats all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Man... I didn't think they'd outdo the last (proper) LLS in terms of crappiness... and in fairness they didn't. But that's not saying much, the show really blowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

I thought it was a grand song.

Most of the LLS audience would like to see a man playing a fiddle though so I can see why most would be at odds with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

ha i ain't a member of the band or any band just hate the way people abuse irish music instead of gettin behind it.should be supportin our own talent thats all.

People support talent when they see talent

Why do we HAVE to support our own :confused:

Not saying this song or band is crap or anything.....I actually like it.

But if something Irish is cr@p why do we HAVE to support it just because it is Irish :confused:

:confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Lahm wrote: »
    I thought it was a grand song.

father-Ted_280_422484a.jpg
    They're ALL grand songs...

amdublin wrote: »
    Why do we HAVE to support our own :confused:

Not saying this song or band is crap or anything.....I actually like it.

But if something Irish is cr@p why do we HAVE to support it just because it is Irish :confused:

:confused::confused::confused:

Yes. F.u.c.k JEDWARD.

Omg! :eek: I just re-read this post.

Seriously, was that NOT the 2fm ad song?!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jules.Croke

Bipolar Empire are a great Irish Band, they write all there songs and that song on 2fm add is there's. They were great on the late late, there is alot of Irish people that all they do is moan and say how bad everything is, people should find out there facts 1st. go to you tube and type in there name and see the amount of music that is there's on it. They started in Captain Americas in Tallaght a couple of years back

amdublin wrote: »
    Hiya member of bipolar empire

Bipolar Empire are a great Irish Band, they write all there songs and that song on 2fm add is there's. They were great on the late late, there is alot of Irish people that all they do is moan and say how bad everything is, people should find out there facts 1st. go to you tube and type in there name and see the amount of music that is there's on it. They started in Captain Americas in Tallaght a couple of years back

Hiya other member of Bipolar Empire!

If you stick up for the band, why do people think your in the band????

If you stick up for the band, why do people think your in the band????

Just wondering, are you connected with the band in anyway at all Jules?

im not related or connected to the band in any way, why do you ask

No reason. Just wondering :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

It's a good song but they need to make that "la, la la" bit the chorus... that's the catchy bit AND the bit that's be played on the ad (i.e. that's getting the airplay)...

So that's my advice.. rewrite the song, and get Tubridy off the promotional video... :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

So before I fell asleep into a quality better produced dream than the LLS what i saw was.
    1. The dragons bragging to us about how the recession dosent effect them and making loads of money.
    2. A 10 year old boy, whos mother watched E channel and that xpose instead of letting her kid watch Fireman sam etc and now the result is a this lad who is into womens cloths and hasent a male hormone left in his body. Well done mammy.
    3. People playing with sticks, and an Irish peoson was so good they got invited into the group. The ONLY irish member of the group.
    4. Joe Coleman in drag talking in tongues with the lovely Manuela translating for her. Point of intrest she said Mary appears sometimes dripping in gold, a good way to piss off the poor is to appear in Gold, next time there will be a Burberry colour cloud beneth her feet.
    5. ZZZZZZZZzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 martinbeanz

just reading past a few of the posts there. come on lads, no need for the wording used. im all for freedom of speech, but seriously, knackers, incest, etc... there is no need for it..

for the person who mentioned something about the fact i am studying human rigths, and how that would come in handy with a compo...

i fail to even understand your pitiful attempt at a joke.. how does human rights qualifications transpire into having an upper hand with compos..grow up..

you must all have very little to do,other than bitch and moan about other people getting on with their lives.. i know we all have bad experiences with many different groups within irish society, but just because the actions of a few you cant generalise and stereotype.. i have had about the same level of negative experiences with travellers myself, so i know where some are coming from.however we are not all the same, as is no other group in irish society.. you bitch and moan, yet the biggest crooks this country has ever seen will be coming knocking on your doors over the next while, and the majority of you internet warriors will lap it up as usual when they shake your hand....

for the idiot who said i look integrated: i have never been segregated, therefore have never had the need to integrate.

for the idiot who said i am a creamer trying not to be: i have never tried to be anything other than myself, and if you think i come accross as someone who has so little self respect and esteem, to have to pretend to be a different person, you are sadly mistaken..

overall, the majority of comments here are nasty and degrading. i do hope someday you can try to get your point across without having to stoop to mud slinging. we are all aware that we have our flaws when going on tv, and aware that people will try to bitch about things they cannot change. but if you didnt like us, for whatever plausible reason, other than that of a discriminatory mentality, you should say so without having to call names or degrade a person..

i really dont want this to turn into a big political debate about the wrong doings of travellers, as i feel whatever another traveller does, is not reflective of what i would do...

beanz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

just reading past a few of the posts there. come on lads, no need for the wording used. im all for freedom of speech, but seriously, knackers, incest, etc... there is no need for it..

beanz
    citizen_cane.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭geem

for the person who mentioned something about the fact i am studying human rigths, and how that would come in handy with a compo...

i fail to even understand your pitiful attempt at a joke.. how does human rights qualifications transpire into having an upper hand with compos..grow up..

you must all have very little to do,other than bitch and moan about other people getting on with their lives.. i know we all have bad experiences with many different groups within irish society, but just because the actions of a few you cant generalise and stereotype.. i have had about the same level of negative experiences with travellers myself, so i know where some are coming from.however we are not all the same, as is no other group in irish society.. you bitch and moan, yet the biggest crooks this country has ever seen will be coming knocking on your doors over the next while, and the majority of you internet warriors will lap it up as usual when they shake your hand....

for the idiot who said i look integrated: i have never been segregated, therefore have never had the need to integrate.

for the idiot who said i am a creamer trying not to be: i have never tried to be anything other than myself, and if you think i come accross as someone who has so little self respect and esteem, to have to pretend to be a different person, you are sadly mistaken..

overall, the majority of comments here are nasty and degrading. i do hope someday you can try to get your point across without having to stoop to mud slinging. we are all aware that we have our flaws when going on tv, and aware that people will try to bitch about things they cannot change. but if you didnt like us, for whatever plausible reason, other than that of a discriminatory mentality, you should say so without having to call names or degrade a person..

i really dont want this to turn into a big political debate about the wrong doings of travellers, as i feel whatever another traveller does, is not reflective of what i would do...

beanz

Well said, Beanz!

Reading those bitter and nasty small minded posts I thought I had been transported to Nazi Germany. Nothing like being anonymous to make you brave enough to try and insult and degrade other people. Well, you have only succeeded in degrading and embarrasssing yourselves - grow up!

It's funny how people have nice things to say when the man himself arrives. Do you like beans Martin?

How did you manage to get on this thread anyway? I thought you need to have an internet connection. Do they have those in caravans?

'tis only a joke before you go taking out the shotgun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

that is probably the best part of the post. beanz how do you feel about groups like pavee point trying to protect the traveller identity then? do you not think that maybe they, by their work, are causing some segregation themselves?

could probably set up a new thread, but it's late!

Martin. How do you feel about the portrayal of travellers in The Savage Eye?

"The Time Travellers"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It's funny how people have nice things to say when the man himself arrives. Do you like beans Martin?

How did you manage to get on this thread anyway? I thought you need to have an internet connection. Do they have those in caravans?

'tis only a joke before you go taking out the shotgun.

As funny as a hole in the head, dude. I deleted about 20 offensive posts from this thread last night, and a good few of them were yours. Tone it down please....

LAHM: your a nasty piece of work. i dont know your personal story, so cannot determine where your inherent hatred comes from, but it is not welcome in todays world. firstly, i dont live in a caravan, and if i did i would still be ok as i have a 3g modem. also, i have not watched savage eye much. however, if it is david mcsavage's work then i dont think i will be taking a personally damaged opinion. his humour is meant to offend, there is a reason why the guy has been beaten on temple bar a few times..also it is fair to meantion that i have gigged along side dave a few times and have met him backstage afterwards, i have been given some great advice by the man and i respect him and his comedy.comedy is meant to be funny, as long as it is not disgustingly racist or degrading to any group who battles against negative perceptions, then it can be enjoyed.

the part about "time travellers" is very interesting to me, i know a director/ documentary maker who sent me a script a few years back witht he exact same title and it was comedy based. i will have to contact him again to see if it is the same idea.

MR E: thank you for stepping in and moderating the comments on here. they were pretty bad and had no reasons for being left here. thank you for getting them off..

Sorry about that Martin. I don't hate travellers.

Sorry about that Martin. I don't hate travellers.

i accept that you are sorry and will take it as an apology. i really dont want to be disputing with any member of boards.ie as i feel everyone here can bring great insight and opinion. i only have a problem when hate comments are made. i really hope you dont hate travellers, because there are some of us who are engaging and nice. some of your comments would fall under the hate propaganda, and in this country encitement of hatred has its own act in legislation.

anyway i hope we can move on..

if you ever want to dish out grievences about travellers, feel free to do so and i can be the medium for the brunt of any tirade, but please for the benefit of other members, tone down the wording used.

thanks for taking time to reply and apologising, and here is to future discussions on this site.

all the best

beanz

PS. the name beanz used to be beans. i hung around with a guy who got burned in a petrol bonfire(non traveller) and he was left with visable burns, and skin graphed. he was called rashers, and because i was an overweight child, it was rashers and beans..there was a 3rd member called sausages because he had a weird penis apparently lol,,so it was like a full irish breakfast walking through our estate..
    when i started comedy i changed the spelling to beanz to help with any google searches, as i didnt want anyone thinking a traveller comedian was actually a heainz employee lol..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Caption Contest

d00wt.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement