Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neccessary root Certificate?

Options
  • 07-08-2009 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi all.

A friend of mine has Eircom "broadband" which is being run on an Isdn line.
    It has been working fine for 3 weeks but has suddenly stopped whilst he is getting an error message saying you may not (or do not I'm unsure as I have yet to see) have the neccessary root certificate.

Does this mean his anti virus software is out of date? or could there be another reason to do with his browser or anything he may have done while browsing.

If any of you can offer some elp I'd be very gratful as I have to go take a look at it at the weekend and cant figure out why it would just stop working..
    Regards
    ABR

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 ricjoe

check the time date is set right on the pc ,say time is jan 2008 then certain websites will say block pc,, since proper certificate cant be exchanged because of time difference.OR see browser settings,options ,security/ certificates.SEE time clock/date in control panel.IF pc cmos battery is dead then it resets, bios time to pc date of manufacture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

As the above poster said (+1 to him) the problem is probably due to time clock being out of date (Your bios battery might be gone if it's an old computer, If you open your computer up it's a euro sized battery stuck in the main board on the bottom) or just an accidental change of time.

Other reasons are registry cleaners or viruses. Ask him if he ran any of these tools or anything odd in the last few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

I think we need more info as your starting point is incorrect.

You friend either has Broadband or ISDN you can't have both on the same phone line.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 abadref

It was a problem with ZOneAlarm anti virus software.

I had to put the date back to before June 15th and uninstall the software.

Advertisement