Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Movember

• 06-11-2011 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

It's taht time of year again (and has been for 6 days with no thread) where men everywhere decide to indulge in that pastime only practised by few (and some women but thats not their fault) and grow a fantastic moustache.

So who's doing it this year? I've had a beard for the past few months so I came into it with an unfair headstart. While shaving it off though I got a glimpse of the goal line.

30539221148993602591478.jpg

fitz0

Apologies if this has a thread already but I searched and came up empty.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Oh that's not fair, your moustache is awesome.

I refuse to do Movember on the grounds I look like a wannabe from the Village people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I refuse to do it on the grounds that it would make me look like a hipster.

Today I asked OH when she'd decided to do it. Not impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Not bothering this year after raising a grand total of €6 last year. Got very sick of the "Ooh, I'll definitely donate to that.... later" brigade.
    That said, I haven't shaved since Halowe'en so I could yet still join in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

hmmm, I've usually got a beard and I've generally trimmed it before in all manners of shapes.

A guy who grows facial hair isn't going to get sponsorship to grow facial hair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

hmmm, I've usually got a beard and I've generally trimmed it before in all manners of shapes.

A guy who grows facial hair isn't going to get sponsorship to grow facial hair.

True but I'm doing more for fun than sponsorship. If I get some money for charity along the way, fantastic! If not, no big deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I raised a nice little bit myself and amongst a team 2 years ago and work was supposed to double the funds (up to $1,000) and all my signed documents "got lost" and we never got the fund doubled. Was an awful let down.

It was fun to do but I'm not in an office anymore so don't think I would be getting as much donations as co-workers were good towards the cause.

Advertisement