Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor will not unlock my Samsung Galaxy S2

Options
  • 07-11-2012 2:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi,

I moved to Australia last week for 6 months and requested meteor to unlock my phone.

They declined saying that the introduced a new guideline a few weeks back saying that phones cannot be unlocked if there is a certain length of time left on the contract. this is roughly 10 months in my case.

Is there anything i can do to make them unlock it as i will be back in the country after 6 months?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

There is an app on the market place that unlocks the galaxy s2.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 laser750

Ok, I've downloaded that app....but how do I root my phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,951 ✭✭✭G1032

You'll have to flash a custom kernel. I came across a way to root before without flashing a kernel but I've forgotten where

Bacically you'll have to spend a little time reading up on it.

If you're running ICS this might be a good place to start

Thats a link to speedmod kernel. He also has a Gingerbread version.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 laser750

Hey,

so I've downloaded software onto my laptop - "Odin3" along with "CF-Root-SGS2_XW_XEN_LP7-v5.4-CWM5".
    I was instructed on "http://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-s2-i9100-root-ics-xwlp7-xwlp8-u-k-ireland-australia-78995/" to load the CF root file into Odin3 while I had the phone switched into downloading mode.

The process seemed to have passed according to the website instructions, however when I go to turn my phone back on all I'm getting is a warning symbol under the Samsung Galaxy II GT-I9100 logo.

Does anybody know what is happening with the phone and will I be able to get it working?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Might sound silly but are you sure the phone is locked a lot of the meteor phones aren't.
    I spent weeks trying to get meteor to unlock my phone and when they refused I put in a new sim and realised it we always unlocked!
    Felt right foolish I did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭No_Deal

laser750 wrote: »
    Hey,

so I've downloaded software onto my laptop - "Odin3" along with "CF-Root-SGS2_XW_XEN_LP7-v5.4-CWM5".
    I was instructed on "http://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-s2-i9100-root-ics-xwlp7-xwlp8-u-k-ireland-australia-78995/" to load the CF root file into Odin3 while I had the phone switched into downloading mode.

The process seemed to have passed according to the website instructions, however when I go to turn my phone back on all I'm getting is a warning symbol under the Samsung Galaxy II GT-I9100 logo.

Does anybody know what is happening with the phone and will I be able to get it working?

That warning symbol is fine - it appears when you are running a non-stock kernel.

Ensure you have Superuser (SU) and Busybox installed. (Download from Play if not).

Search the play store for "root checker" and verify root access.

Finally search the store "s2 unlock" and download Chainfire's app. Follow the instructions and wait a few minutes. Write down the code generated.

Insert a non Meteor simcard and enter code.

Bingo!

Advertisement