Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alternative to DLNA on Android?

• 25-11-2012 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

I have a Seagate go flex NAS hard drive, which works fine when connected to my laptop, but when I try connect with my phone or MK808, I only see a small amount of the files which are on the HD, I have checked the files and they are compatible with the media player on both devices. I have read up on what the problem might be and it looks like it will be a tedious process solving the issue.

Does anyone know of an alternative to using DLNA to access files from NAS?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Just use ES file explorer to browse to the files and play them with MX player

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭briN_s

Thanks for the reply, I just tried ES file explorer, but cant seem to connect with it. It finds the NAS, and accepts my password but returns the following error: Login failure, this may be caused by:
    - Wifi is off
    - SMB server is out of network scope
    - The IP is invalid
    - Blocked by the firewall
    - SMB service is off

Im sure WiFi is on, and the IP must be valid, as the app found the NAS automatically.
    Do you know what could be causing my problems? My laptop still connects fine to the drive.

The files are on the hard drive which is connected directly to the router. I presume this is setup correctly for sharing as I am able to access the hard drive with my laptop via WiFi. I am also able to access the hard drive from my phone with DLNA, but as mentioned above all files are not showing using the DLNA method.

Edited my post above

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info, in the mean time I stumbled across another option FileManageHD which seems to connect fine. MX player seems to work quite well.

Thanks again for the help

Advertisement